Chapter 11 - Ric's Proposal

*At the party*

*Ritu's POV*

I was so excited. I was eagerly waiting for them to arrive.
Richard comes and pulls me out of the crowd and takes me towards the entrance.
"The boys came so we are going to welcome them", he says.
"Oh my God! Yes! Yes!", I say.
Ric glares at me.
" I meant yeah! Of course!", I say
Then, the boys and Vida come together, everyone crowds around them. Even the paps come to take pictures of the boys.
" Wow this is bigger than I thought ", says Harry.
" I hope the food is good!" says Niall. 

"Hi, guys!" I say.
I hug Niall. Oh my God! I'm hugging Niall.
Then I hug Liam. Oh my God! I'm hugging Liam.
Then I hug Louis. I'm hugging Louis!!
Then, Harry. I'm hugging Harry!
Oh my God! I just hugged them.
"Stop hyperventilating from inside", says Vida as I hug her.

"Well! You know me", I say.
Then, Ric goes to talk to Vida.
After talking to her, Richard comes to me and says "let's go out for a walk in the garden", he says.
"What? Why? It's amazing here!", I say.
"It'll be double of it there", says Ric dragging me into the garden.
So, as we go for a walk in the garden, he asks me "do you want to play 10 questions?", he asks, "No! I want to play how you stay with One Direction" I say.
Ric chuckles and says "I promise it won't take a lot of time, we'll go back to the party"
"Fine", I say.

Ric asks" So, the first question, do you think LOVE is the best thing that can happen to anyone?
I say" Ew! No! But it depends on the person. Every person thinks differently"
Ric then asks." Do you think that History is better or Drama?"
" Of course History, I never liked Drama", I say.
"So, what would you choose between a romantic date or a family dinner?", asks Richard. 

Why is he behaving so weird?

"In the situation in which I'm there right now, I'd choose a romantic dinner", I say.
"Do you think it's awkward that I'm asking u all this?", asks Ric.
 "Yeah! Kinda! But it's fine you are my best friend so you have all the right to ask me all this", I say.
" What are your thoughts on love?", asks Ric. 

Why is he asking so much about love?

 "Hmm! I never told anyone but, I don't believe in love. It might change, you never know", I say.
Ric asks," So, do you ever wanna have a boyfriend?"
 "Yeah!", I say.
"So, do you think that we can be something more than friends?", asks Richard.
 "Yes! We are actually, we are besties, right?", I say.

 Suddenly he closes my eyes!
" Ric! What are you doing?", I ask
" It's a surprise. Keep your eyes closed", he says.

I open my eyes and I see a huge bouquet of roses in his hands, he comes and gives it to me.
" Thanks, Ric! So sweet of you", I say.
" You're welcome!", says Ric.

" Next question, will you believe if I say that you are the person who changed my life?", he asks.
"No! I am sure there are more people. But for now, yeah! I know I changed it", I say.
" If I ask how do you know that, will you consider it as a question?", he asks. 
" Yeah!", I say.
 "How do you know that?", he asks.
"Because I see you smiling all the time. Before we became best friends, you were always serious!", I say.

"You had a grumpy face like this", I say as I imitated him.

He chuckles and says "last question"

*Richard's POV*

I get down on one knee and say "Ritu, I met many people in my life but, no one makes me feel the way you do. I am happy, whenever you are around. This might be the stupidest thing I do, but, I have to know if I have a shot at this or not, I just want to say that...

*Ritu's POV*

Oh my God! Is he going to ask me to be his girlfriend?
" I just want to say that, I really like you, will be my girlfriend? ", asks Ric. 

What?

My jaw drops. 

 Now, what should I do? I told him that I don't believe in love, but I can't reject him because he is my best friend 

I don't want our friendship to break.

"Ritu! Say something", says Ric, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I sigh.

" Richard, I'll accept your proposal only on one condition ", I say.
" What is it?", asks Ric.
"No matter what happens, our friendship should always remain the same, I mean even if we break up, we should still be best friends", I say.
" Of course we will be, I promise you that", says Richard.

*Richard's POV*

"So will be my girlfriend?", I ask.
" Yes, Ric I'll be your girlfriend ", says Ritu. 

I get up and kiss her. 

She kisses me back. 

"Should we go back?", I ask extending my hand.

"Yes", she says intertwining her fingers with mine and we walk back hand in hand.

*Inside the hall at the party*

*Vida's POV*

I was happy, finally, Richard proposed to Ritu and surprisingly, she accepted it.

I smile

" Hi Vida", says Liam.
"Hi Liam", I say
" What are you doing here?", he asks.
" Watching Ric propose Ritu, it was so cute", I say.
" That's awesome! I want to do it now, will you watch it if I do it now?", asks Liam.
"Hell no!", I say teasing him.
" Come on! I'm not such a bad proposer", says Liam.
" Still! No!", I say.
" Fine! At least tell me what happened there?", he asks pointing at Ritu and Ric.
" Richard proposed to Ritu and she said yes", I say.
" Wow! That's nice.  Is that the reason you are blushing so much?", he asks.

How did he notice that?

" No! Liam, I'm not, I'm just happy for them. By the way, I was the one who helped Richard", I say.
"Wow! You are talented Vida, so next time, if I have to impress a girl, I'll take your help", says Liam.
 " I'm not helping you", I say.
" Why?", asks Liam.
"Just like that", I say
"No! There is something more than that, tell me, why won't you help me?", asks Liam.

Liam moves closer to me.

" Niall!", I say diverting the topic and pointing at Niall who was passing from behind.
"Niall! He called me, I will talk to you later", I say running away from there.
"What?", says Liam.
He was left confused.

God! Why do I make things awkward?