I raised an eyebrow, "Yes, why"? He grabbed my hand, rubbing my palm with his thumb. "Can you cook me dinner"? I nodded my head, "Sure, what do you want"? He shrugged his shoulders, "Suprise me".

Me and my boo in my boo coup ridin'
All up in that black with his chick right beside him
Ladies, if you love your man show him you the fliest
Grind up on it, girl, show him how you ride it
Me and my boo in my boo boo ridin'
All up in that black with his chick right beside him
Ladies, if you love your man show him you the fliest
Grind up on it, girl, show him how you ride it

Oh, killin' me softly and I'm still fallin'
Still the one I need, I will always be with you
Oh, you got me all gone, don't ever let me go
Say it real loud if you fly
If you leave me you out of yo' mind

I sung along to Beyonce as I cut the stove off. While pouring a glass of wine, my door bell rung. I cut the music down and walked out of my kitchen, towards the front door.

When I opened the door, Aubrey stood there dressed in an OVO sweatsuit. "Please take your shoes off at the door". He looked at me and smiled, "So no hello, or greeting kiss"? I quickly placed a kiss on his cheek, and opened the closet for him to hang up his jacket.

He took his Jordan's off, while I closed the door. "You might get a little hot, so I can hang your jacket up". He slid it off and I put it on a hanger, placing it in the closet. "It smells good". I smiled, "Young Nick can actually throw down in the kitchen, if you didn't know". I grabbed his hand, pulling him into the kitchen. "I made you Curry Chicken and Rice". He leaned against the counter, watching me as I fixed our plates.

"Did you open your gifts"? He asked, causing me to smile. "Yes, thank you but you did not have to buy all of that". He placed his hand on my waist, "It was nothing but a purse, a couple pairs of shoes, maybe some jewelry". I looked at him, "Do you know how much Birkin bags run for, and the waiting list is ridiculous". He shrugged his shoulders, "I have my ways and my connects, it's nothing major".

Walking away from him, I sat our plates on the table. "Thank you Aubrey", I looked up to see him smiling. He walked over to the table, pulling out a chair. He sat down, and patted his lap for me to sit. I looked at him, "You have a thing for women sitting on your lap". He shook his head, "Only Kennedy".

I sat on his lap, as he rubbed his thumb across the hem of my leggings. I lifted my fork up, putting the chicken close to Aubrey's mouth. He seductively bit the chicken, causing me to smile. "You need to write this recipe down for me, it's a killer".

"Thank you". He rubbed his free hand across my cheek, "You're blushing, it's cute". I pushed the plates away, "You're not really hungry, are you"?

"I was, but you wearing these tight leggings and the way you smile made me full. I want to eat this chicken though, it's the best I've had so far". I smiled, "That's because you never had that good Caribbean touch, until now. It's my dad's recipe, my favorite thing to make actually".

"I like it". He brushed my hair, behind my ear. "I'm leaving the morning" he said abruptly. "I know that you're a busy man, it's fine". He placed a kiss on my forehead, "I want to spend the night with you, we don't have to do anything Kennedy. I just want to lay with you".

••

The morning came quicker than expected, and he had to leave. I felt a weird feeling in my stomach, something I'd never felt before. His voice replayed in my head, "I do fucking love you..". I smiled like a little school girl, who'd just saw her crush.

Preparing to spend the day with my mother, I pulled into her drive way. As if on que, she walked out of the house dressed like a young super model. As she got into the car, I smiled. "Mommy where did you get those jeans from, you're looking at little hot".

I slowly pulled out of the driveway, as she buckled her seatbelt. "I'm not the only one who's trying to find a man, I see". I smirked, while turning to look at her. "What are you talking about"? She shook her head, "I heard about your little trip to Los Angeles, and the man that barged into your office. I'm your mother baby, I'll find out everything". I felt my cheeks getting red, "Mom he's just a friend, that's all". 

I slowly merged onto the highway, heading in the direction of our favorite Spa. "Do you love him"? I looked at her, kind of shocked at the question. "Answer me child".

"I don't know mommy, it's just something about him. Something different, and I like that". She placed her hand on thigh, "You love him, I know you Kennedy". My eyebrow rose, "He told me he loved me mommy, but I think it's too soon to say it back. I don't want to seem vulnerable".

"Did you two have sex"? I shook my head. I knew that some people were uncomfortable with having a conversation like this with their mom, but I wasn't. Ever since my abortion at the age of sixteen, I kept a very close and open relationship with my mom. "I don't know Kennedy, I can see it all over you face. You're me when I was younger, you know that I know you like the back of my hand". I sighed, "Of course mommy, but what should I do"?

"I think you should let him know how you feel. You don't want things to fade away, you've been through it before". I nodded my head, "I know".

"What is his name"? I smiled, "His name is Aubrey, he's actually a rapper named Drake". She looked at me smiling, "The light skin boy that Caiah always plays"? I nodded my head, "Yes mommy, that's him".
She placed her hand over her mouth, "He's a little cutie Kennedy, where's his father"? I shook my head, "Mommy stoppppp, they call that thot behavior". She playfully popped my leg, "I don't know what that means, but watch your mouth.

I smiled, only lord knows how much I love this woman.