P18-Fight the Strange feelings

Luhan stared at the space for about a long time and his mind was blank. The kids were running everywhere yet he couldn't hear any of their voices. His heart was beating slowly, which is a bit strange.
"Yeobo!!" He heard his wife's barked and he spun around to see her running so beautiful towards him and he inwardly sigh. His heart was at ease right now and it's like it was beating with perfect melody.
"I got a friend. Her name is Eunjung" She beamed and pushes the other girl in front of him. Luhan shyly bows and takes note that this Eunjung is kind of weird. She eyed him suspiciously with her eyes squint and her hands resting on her hips.
"So you're Luhan. I always hear your name because of Hee Rin." She nodded while scrutinizing Luhan. He shifted on his place and bit his lip. This is so awkward.
"Promise me you'll never hurt my friend" She ordered and leaned to narrow her eyes at him. He heard Hee Rin giggled from behind and his heart softened for a moment before he gulps heavily and nodded nervously at Eunjung.
--------------
It was already dark when they decided to leave the orphanage. Hee Rin bade goodbye to the kids while Luhan started the car engine. He was massaging his temple when his phone suddenly rang. It was his mom.
"What's the occasion?" Hee rin asked when she noticed that they were heading to the Lu's residence.
"I don't know, mom just told me to come over with you"
When they reach the place, Hee Rin was greeted with a bear hug from Luhan's mother and starts dragging her to the kitchen. Luhan rolled his eyes and snorted. His mom kind of have favoritism. She kind of changed when Luhan marries Hee Rin, she said she likes her and beside.. She doesn't have daughter on her own so it is really normal for her to be excited whenever she sees Hee Rin.
"How's Luhan?" Mrs. Lu asked while they were eating and Hee Rin smiled.
"oh.. He's really kind." She said and nodded at Luhan.. He knew he's not treating her nice since the day they started living with each other. But why is she telling the opposite anyways? Luhan thinks she's just being like this since she wants to look nice in front of his parents.
"How's your new school?" Mr. Lu added as he wiped his lips with table napkin. Hee Rin looks up from her plate and placed her hands on her lap...
"It's nice.. The people are so great.. And I made lot of friends" she smiled. Luhan gawked at her and he almost choked. *Why is she lying?!! She doesn't have any friends at school!* he pouted and silently scoffed as Hee Rin tells some of her 'nice experiences' at her new school. *Why doesn't she have any friends anyways? I think she bullies every student, that's why* Luhan wondered and start eating again.

When they were done eating, Luhan's mother invited them to just spend the night their since it's already late and besides, it's been a while since they've bonded. Hee Rin happily accepted while Luhan just shrugs. He's not in the mood to decide, he just wants to sleep.
But when they were heading towards the room, Luhan's eyes widened and his breath hitched. *wait! This means we have to sleep in one room?!!* He realizes and stared at Hee Rin in horror. She was talking to Mrs. Lu as they walk straight to the room where Luhan sleeps not too long ago (when's he's still unmarried)
Luhan groaned and scratches his head furiously that you thought his scalp would bleed any moment. Now, what is he going to do about this?!
"yah.. don't get closer!" Luhan shouted when they were lying on the bed. She just chuckled.
Luhan placed a bunch of pillows between him and his wife as if it was forbidden for them to be near each other. Hee Rin watches him weirdly as she comb her hair before tucking herself in the blankets. *I don't want to engage any physical contact with her.. not because I hate her.. but because I'm scared that I might feel that strange feeling again when I'm with her. The strange feeling that I felt when she hugs me earlier.. That strange feeling when she smiles at me..* Luhan thought and pouted before lying on the bed and made sure that his back was facing her direction.

*what's with this weirdo? I'm not planning to rape him or something* Hee Rin thought and dug deeper in the thick blanket. The room was dead silent and it was kind of awkward since the two of them were still awake. The clock ticks and the time pass by unknowingly. The room suddenly felt cold and the silence weren't helping at all. Luhan would sneek a peek at Hee Rin and would check if she's still awake, and she is. This makes him annoyed.
"yah!! Go to sleep!" he commanded as he sat up on the bed.. It's like he's uncomfortable here.. With her.. In one single bed. Hee Rin pouted slightly and pulled the blanket up to her chin. Luhan would toss around and he seems so uncomfortable about this things..
Hee Rin closes her eyes slowly and was about to drift to dreamland when he heard his whisper. "yah~~ are you asleep now?" he softly asked but she didn't respond. She thought he might be feeling uncomfortable when she's lying beside him and so she decides that she'll pretend to sleep so that Luhan would finally be at ease.
Luhan actually wants Hee Rin to sleep so badly so that he can take a look at her face when she's asleep. He always wonders how she looks like when she sleeps. And somehow.. He can't take her out of his mind anymore.