He's Amazingly Hot, Charming And Smart... And An Alpha Werewolf. (17)

Start from the beginning

He was my best friend.

But I hadn't let him in fully. 

Because I knew he would hate me. 

Another surge of guilt ran through me. He'd told me everything about him, and I hadn't even told him a tiny bit of my future, past or present. I knew what he was; he was a werewolf. He was one of the leaders of The Bronze pack, the third in command.

He was strong, truthful, sweet, deep, and kind. And he was very attractive. He was everything I could ever want. Only I knew if I told him what I was, he wouldn't even want to be near me anymore. 

His voice from across the room greeted my ears. "Alyssa... you're my best friend. You can tell me anything, you know."

I pretended like there was something very interesting on my warm brown tiled floor. I heard his light footsteps, until he wrapped his arms around me from behind. I relaxed into his touch, closing my eyes. "I know Cedric. I know." I murmured, the tears leaking from behind my eyes. 

He turned me around in his arms, until his face was meeting mine. "Hey.. hey what's wrong?" He whispered, his breath fanning across my face.

I buried my face into his chest and just let him hold me.

-----

Archer's POV

Finally.

Finally, everything was perfect. 

I gazed down at the beautiful girl in my arms, fast asleep. Her long, soft blond hair was spread out across the blanket, and my chest, her light pink lips open slightly. She moved slightly against me, making a wave of electricity rush through me. I groaned quietly. It would definitely not be good if I got a boner right now.

I can't keep pacing

I need your blood tonight

You're so far from me

And I'm so weak inside

(Violent Kiss; Eyes Set to Kill)

The first few notes of my ring tone startled me, and I rolled my eyes. I was acting like a stalker. 

At least I was stalking the most gorgeous girl in the world. My mate.

I picked up my cell phone, frowning at the caller i.d. Why the f*ck was Cedric calling me at 2 am. Couldn't he tell I was busy? And what made him think I wasn't still mad at him? He had kissed my mate. 

I growled, clutching the phone tightly in my fist, as I practically drowned in a possessive feeling. She was mine. I heard a light crack as the screen of my Sidekick 4g split slightly. I relaxed my hold on the phone; didn't want to break it like I'd broken the last one.

I pressed the green 'accept' button, and held my cell to my ear. "What?" I hissed into the phone. 

"Archer? I- I need your advice."

"Why are you calling me? I should've kicked you out of the pack for what you did!" 

"I know, Archer. I know what I did was unforgivable, but you don't get it. I don't like Journey that way, she's a friend to me, nothing more. And I- I just didn't know who else to call." his voice cracked at the end, and immediately my heart softened. 

I could tell when one of my closest friends was telling the truth. And he seemed really hurt right now- I might be a jerk, but I wasn't that much of a jerk.