He's Amazingly Hot, Charming And Smart...And An Alpha Werewolf. (2)

I stared at the worksheet, the letters swimming in and out of my eyes. "Come on, this is my first day! Why do I get work?" I hissed to myself. I ran a hand through my hair, sighing. It was still first period, and to tell the truth, I hadn't paid one drop of attention to anything the teacher, Ms. Reynolds, was saying. No wonder she wasn't married; she was so damn boring.

I groaned and dropped my pencil loudly on my desk, kicking the seat in front of me grumpily. Ms. Reynolds glared at me and I flushed. I heard a low chuckle from beside me. "Having some trouble?" Archer whispered smoothly. I clenched my fists, making my expression unreadable. "No, in fact, I am not." He smirked, nodding. "Alright, whatever you say."

I avoided his eyes and turned back to my paper, hyperaware of every move he was making. He stretched and yawned, leaning back in his seat. I found my eyes pulled to the muscles along his evenly tanned arms. Archer winked at me. "Like what you see?"

"No, fruitbox." The bell rang just then and I reveled in the shrill, squeaky sound. I scraped my chair back and rushed out of the room quickly. The farther away I got from Archer, the happier I would be. But of course, this was me, Journey Daniels. As I stepped through the door, my foot slipped and I yelped, falling down and spilling my books everywhere. I groaned. If I'm not mistaken, that would be my third fall of the day.

I started picking up my things clumsily, when two hands reached down and scooped up my things. One thing was off, though- one hand was tanned, and one hand was paler. I looked up to see Dustin and Archer both holding half of my things. I got up and took my things from them, muttering a sharp thank you to Archer, and kissing Dustin on the cheek quickly. "Thanks PopTart!" I said, grinning. Dustin's cheek flushed. Aww, how cute!

I looked around both of them, as they were blocking the exit. "Uh, can I leave now?" I asked. The two of them took up the whole door space- they were both pretty muscular. Archer was sending a death glare towards Dustin, who was returning one, just as strong. "PopTart?" Archer spat, raising his eyebrow. Dustin rolled his eyes. "What, jealous?"

"No, she has a nickname for me. I'm Fruitbox. Fruitbox beats PopTart any day!"

"No it doesn't! There's no such thing as a fruitbox! Poptarts are actually real!"

I slapped my forehead with the pam of my hand. "Shut up and stop fighting! I just don't want to be late for.. uhh.." I checked my schedule quickly. "For gym."

"I'll walk you there." Dustin said quickly. "You don't even have gym 2nd period! I'll walk her there!" Archer argued.

I pushed past the two of them. "I'll walk there by myself." I stormed down the hall. I hated boys- they were so much trouble.

I found the gym in time, due to the large sign plastered on the door saying GYM. They should have that for every class! I entered tentativley, looking around. It was huge, and there was an open door leading to a track field. I followed the trail of people walking through the door and sat down on the grass next to a pretty brunette girl. 

I smiled at her. "Hi, I'm new here." She smiled back. "That's cool. Haile's sister, right? I'm Keera." 

"Nice to meet you." She opened her mouth to reply but got cut off by a shrill, pericing noise. I jumped and looked up to see a tanned lady in a black tracksuit, her curly brown hair tied back tightly. "Who's the new girl?" She barked. I stood up. "That's me."

"I'm Coach Green. Now before I can let you in my gym class, I'm going to need to know if you're fit enough to tag along with the rest of us fit peoples."

I glanced down at Keera, who rolled her eyes and mouthed to me, 'bull shit.'

Coach Green tapped her fingers on her chin thoughtfully, sizing me up. "Everyone will be running 3 laps around this track today. You," She pointed to me, "Will have to come up to me when you're done. I willl be timing you. GO!"

Everyone took off across the court. I sighed, wishing I was really good at sports. I was always in the middle of the pack, never really standing out in atheletics. I jogged next to Keera.

"What do we do in this class?" I asked. She ignored me, and instead fixed me with a wide eyed stare. "I heard about what you did to Archer." She said, flipping her hair as we ran. I shrugged. "What did I do? I was just standing up for myself." 

Keera shook her head. "Yeah, but standing up to Archer? I don't even know if I want to be seen with you." I stopped running and looked at her, my eyebrows raised. "You don't want to be seen with me? What the hell?" She nodded and scanned the rest of the class with her hazel eyes. "He's going to come after you- either he'll get you and break your heart for the world to see, or do something that will make you wish you never came to this school. If I get associated with you, he might hurt me to get at you. I'm sorry, but this is Archer Bronze we're talking about. I don't want to be in danger." 

With that, Keera ran past me and joined another group. I looked at the ground, looked anywhere but up or at Keera. This class was officially my least favorite.

---

It was lunch- I had made it through my last 2 periods succesfully, both with Les and without Archer. Keera was also in my last period, and I had avoided her. What a b*tch. Les wasn't avoiding me, and she'd witnessed the whole scene. It wasn't like Archer was some kind of god. He wasn't going to murder me.

I bought a chicken salad sandwhich and Les led me over to her table. "Meet Jillian, Brooke, and Dustin." I dropped my food hastily on the table. "POPTART!" I screamed, reaching over the table to hug Dustin. "I see you've already met him..." Les said, giving me a wierd look as Dustin hugged me back, yelling "Chiklet!" 

I sat back down and smiled at Jillian and Brooke. Jillian was gorgeous, all long legs and golden hair and blue eyes. Brooke had dark skin and curly black hair, and the most amazing chocolate eyes. 

"Hi guys, I'm Journey." I said. Both of them smiled at me, nodding.

I was just about to bite into my sandwhich when a hand grabbed my arm. I jumped and dropped my sandwhich as none other than Archer Bronze smiled down at me. "Hey Journey." he said, smiling. I tore my arm out of his and glared. 

"What did you want?"

He sat down next to me. "I heard that you live in the Cherry Flats, 4 blocks away?" I squinted at him. "How did you know that?" He shrugged. "Haile told me. It just so happens that I live next door." My mouth dropped open. THIS WAS NOT HAPPENING.

I scooted back in my chair. "No! You don't! You're lying!" He smirked. "It's the truth. You know, my brother is going out with your sister. So maybe when he comes over to your flat, I could come with him. We have the spare keys, anyway." I clenched my fists. "Are you serious!?" 

I stormed across the lunch room to where Haile was sitting, kissing... an older version of Archer? I peered intently at his face. Yep, definitly his older brother. I sighed, staring at them for a second, then pushed them both apart. Everyone at their table, who looked gorgeous and rich, stared at me, including Haile. Actually, Haile was kinda throwing me a death glare. "What do you want?" She snapped, staring into a small mirror in her purse.

"Archer Bronze lives next to us? And has a spare key!?" I yelled. She shrugged. "Yeah, I'm dating his brother." The Archer lookalike slung his arm over Haile's shoulder and nodded at me. "I'm Damien." I crossed my arms. "Your brother is a looser." I hissed to Damien. 

Haile rolled her eyes. "You're the one in superman boxers." I sighed and turned around, walking back to my table. Archer was eating my fries. I pushed him out of my seat. "Those are mine!" I yelled, hugging my tray to my chest protectivley.

He shrugged. "Okay, anything for the lovely lady." He bowed to me, winked, and walked away. I couldn't help but stare at his retreating figure as he left.

Les sighed. "He's sooo hot." She murmered.

Dustin scowled and stole some of my fries. "Hmph." He muttered, spewing salt and potatoes everywhere. "What a player." I sighed, helping myself to my own food. "I just think we all need to stop eating Journey's food."

(A/N:) I hope you like this chapter! It's been boring, but believe me, this book is going to get interesting.