He's Amazingly Hot, Charming And Smart... And An Alpha Werewolf. (17)

Alyssa's POV

"You can't hide from it forever, you know." 

I bit my lip, turning to look at my brother. "Maximus Jacob Jenner. Say that one more time and I swear I will-"

"You know there's only one way to kill me and I know you'll never do it."

I rolled my eyes, but knew it was true. "I'm pretty close, though. Leave my room." 

My brother sighed, crossing his arms, his dirty blonde hair, same color as my natural hair, spiked up, giving him an unapproachable look. His muscles were bulging through his shirt, and I could just make out the tip of the black tattoo across his chest. 

"Alyssa. I know you've been with him." 

I resisted the urge to scream. My brother was always butting into my own business. "Just because Dad's dead doesn't mean you have to treat me like a replacement for him."

Max leaned against my blood red walls. "I'd never be a replacement for that low life, filthy--"

"Just because he's not like us doesn't mean you have to insult him! Mom loved him."

"Our Mother is a foolish woman."

With that he turned, leaving. I rolled back on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. I hadn't eaten in so, so long, my stomach rumbled, with an insatiable need. I grimaced. I just couldn't get enough. 

Max was right though, no matter how hard I denied it. I couldn't hide from my destiny forever. Yes, I could try, but I'd end up defeating myself. I was cursed, and I was putting everyone in danger, as it was. I just wanted to be normal. 

Sometimes I wished Maximus would go back to college and stop bothering me. I knew we had enough money to last more than a lifetime, but dropping out of college just because he was financially fit didn't really scream 'responsible.' 

The soft tapping on my window distracted me, and I rolled over to see a familiar face at the window. Despite my worries, a small smile broke out on my face. "Cedric," I breathed, opening the window. He jumped into my room neatly. 

"Hey there, Alyssa!" he said, lying next to me on my bed, like he owned the place. I rolled my eyes at him.

He was dressed in a long sleeved blue shirt that highlighted his arm muscles, and a pair of casual jeans. Typical Cedric outfit. He never spent much time on his appearance, yet always looked like he'd walked straight off an ad for Burberry.  

Max's words rang in my head again. You can't hide from it forever. 

"You know, I haven't seen you in a while." he commented, rolling over so he faced me. I inhaled slightly, and almost choked. I couldn't do that around him. 

I needed to relax. Just relax. 

"Yeah, you say that like it's a bad thing." I teased lightly. 

He winked at me, his wide, dark brown eyes shining. "Babe, it is."

I laughed. "I don't know. I guess I've been kind of busy."

Cedric smiled, and studied my face. "You got rid of your contacts, Alyssa!"

"Thank you, Captain Obvious."

"You're welcome, Lieutenant Sarcasm. Anyways, I like it. It's nice."

"I needed a change." I explained.

I stretched, getting off of my bed. I'd known Cedric for my whole life; we'd grown up as little kids together. He was one of the most amazing people I'd ever known.