"Are you ok? Did he hurt you at all?" 

"No, everything's healed. But Soph, it was weird. I couldn't control the shift at all."

"It's ok. Derek shifted too. And so did Erica and Isaac."

"What if I had been here still, with you? What if I had hurt you?" he whispered, looking away from me.

"You wouldn't have." I moved closer to him, wrapping my arms around him and resting my chin on his shoulder. 

"I could have though. What happens if one day I lose control again and you're around?" 

"Then we deal with it. Don't worry. Listen to me, Scott." I turned his head so he would have to look at me. "I trust you."

He leaned closer and pressed his lips to mine. 

"Sophie, did you need some-oh, am I interrupting something?" Melissa paused in the doorway, looking at us with a small smile.

"No. Just saying goodnight." Scott got up, pulling me with him over to the door.

"Well I was just going to ask if Sophie needed some pajamas or a toothbrush or anything."

"Do you need anything?" Scott asked, looking over at me.

"I'll take the toothbrush, please." 

Melissa nodded and then went to go find a spare one.

"If you need me or anything else, you can come get me, ok? I'll be right downstairs." Scott murmured to me, wrapping his arms around my waist in a hug.

"Same to you."

"Here's your toothbrush." Melissa came back, making us pull apart again.

"Thank you. Goodnight Mrs. McCall."

She hesitated then sighed and went back down the hall. "Goodnight."

I waited for her bedroom door to close before I pulled Scott back into the room. I got onto my toes to kiss him again, my fingers grabbing onto his shirt. His hands tightened their grip on my waist, pulling me even closer.

I pulled away, looking up into his eyes. "Goodnight, Scott."

"Night." He smiled, giving me another quick kiss before slowly walking out of the room.

I closed the door behind him, a smile pulling my lips up.

The happiness quickly disappeared as I saw my phone light up with another new text. I locked the door before walking over to the window. I slid it open, glancing back into the room as I climbed out.

I dropped down onto the ground, taking a deep breath before resuming the walk to my house. I rested my hand on the doorknob, unsure if I was ready for what I knew was about to happen. 

I stepped into the bright house, spotting movement in the kitchen.

"Sophia." my dad called, running over to throw his arms around me, holding me close to his chest.

"You said you wanted to talk." My words were slightly muffled as my arms went around him.

"I do. Where have you been?" His anger seemed to come back as he stepped away from me.

"At a friend's house."

"Who? I want names."

"Greg, calm down. Let the girl breath. Honey, where were you?" My mom led us into the living room, sitting down on the couch and patting the spot next to her.

"I told you, at a friend's house."

"Was it Erica? Stiles? Scott?"

"It better have not been Scott." my father muttered, folding his arms across his chest.