My heart beat began to race faster and faster and my head went into over drive. I replaced my bow and quiver around my back and slowly crept away from the fellowship. I didn’t want to tell the others that they were missing just in case nothing was wrong with them. I followed the bare footprints in the mud which I found to be Frodo’s and followed them away into the woods.

     I got further in and the land had begun to rise slightly. The footsteps of Hobbits were being followed by larger, booted footprints which I knew to be Boromir’s. My pace quickened and I was now at a quick jog trying to find them. But I did not have to wait long. I heard in the distance two people talking. I stopped suddenly as I heard the words ‘I ask only for the strength to defend my people’ and then the sound of something being dropped. My heart stopped and within about a quarter of a second, I began to run. The voices became more strained. Boromir’s was not his own and Frodo’s was scared and frighten but brave. I tried running as quick as I could and even faster when I heard Boromir shouting at Frodo.

      I reached a small clearing where the trees where further apart and where the land was only slightly sloped to see Frodo one second in Boromir’s grip and before I could even blink, he disappeared. He used the ring to get away. I gasped for breath, not from running but for Frodo, the thought of how scared he was to put on the ring to get away from the madness of Boromir. I should have known something was going to happen. I still remember up in the pass of Caradhras when the ring tried talking to him. But then I couldn’t blame Boromir for it. It is just true evilness.

    “Curse you! Curse you and your Halflings!” Boromir began to shout to the area around him. He went to get up but as he said it, he fell over and his face fell into a huge pile of leaves knocking the sense back into him. I saw a log bounce up and down and knew that Frodo had just ran off in the opposite direction, I just hope he doesn’t run off too far, hopefully back to the boats.

     I looked back at Boromir and he began to shout Frodo’s name, but not in the evilness he had just shown, in a sorrowful tone that I knew was genuine. I stepped out from behind the tree and slowly and cautiously walked up towards Boromir and held out my hand to the side of him. He looked at my hand over his shoulder and then up at my face. I had no expression on my face as I wasn’t sure what I felt. He took it and I helped him to his feet. He did not look me in the eye but down at the ground.

    “Did you see?” He whispered quietly. I nodded my head and he only slightly looked up at me to see my answer. He sighed deeply and put his hand to his head. I took another step closer and placed a hand on his shoulder for comfort.

     “I saw the evilness that the ring had brought on. Hideous it might have seemed but I have seen the heart and soul you have Boromir. You would not act like that if I knew your intentions were to harm but they were to guide. Boromir you can change that,” I strictly stated to him. He still wouldn’t look up at me so with the hand that was on his shoulder, I lifted his chin up so he looked up at me and into my eyes. A smile grew on both our faces but with a strange twitch of my ear, the smile faded and I stepped away from Boromir and I looked around in panic.

     “What is it?” Boromir asked alarmed at my sudden movement. I stopped dead still for a split second and then once again, my heart began to race once more.

     “Orcs. Big orcs. Boromir go!” I ordered without thinking. He looked at me funny and looked in the direction. He began to run but then looked back as he saw me heading in the other direction.

      “Where are you going?” He shouted. I kept on running but my head spun back to reply just before I got further into the woods. I slowed down the tiniest bit so he could catch my words.

      “Go find the Hobbits! I’ve got to do something. I’ll meet you in a second,” I said ever so quickly. I was unsure whether he heard me or not but I was too far away from him now to check. I ran as fast as I could down the sloping hill and the sound of orcs got louder and louder. Their grunts were horrifying and the sound of their armour made me feel worried. They sounded bigger than normal orcs and my breath began to stagger.

     I was about half way back to the boats, I was aiming to get to my swords so I could be more use but I suddenly ran into someone. We both fell to the ground and as soon as my back touched the floor, I grabbed my knife from my thigh and pulled it out ready to attack the orc. But it was not an orc. It was Frodo. I moved the knife back in to my holster and gathered myself together. I looked at Frodo and he looked petrified. I shook my head and held my hand in the air but he still looked really frightened.

      “Frodo I’m not going to hurt you or try and take the ring from you,” I stated loudly. He judged the look in my face and looked me in the eye.

       “Boromir…” he began but I knew he would say.

       “Boromir tried to take the ring from you, I know, I saw. Frodo there’s something I must tell you. The night before we left Lorien, I went to take the ring,” I began to explain but his facial expression changed and he went to turn away. I reached out for him and held his shoulders. He looked very scared now but I got on my knees so I was his height and touched his face.

        “I did not take it Frodo. I had my chance but I didn’t take it. There are powers on this earth and even beyond the living that forced me to leave the ring, powers I cannot explain. You are its bearer and only you can destroy the evilness of the ring. Go now and get to the boats, head the other side of the river and that will lead you closer to Mordor,” I finished. He smiled very weakly, still quite scared but reassured that I was not trying to take the ring off him. I sighed and looked down at the bottom of the bank and then my ear began to twitch and sensed other orcs. I let go of Frodo and put my hand on his shoulder. This may be the last time I see him again.

      “Goodbye my friend,” I whispered to him and leant down and kissed him gently on the forehead. He closed his eyes and when he reopened them I could see some sadness. It was such a shame that such treacherous task was appointed to Frodo, and I could help feel sorry for him. He stepped away from me and looked like he was heading for the boats. I smiled and took another step to the right.

      “Look after Merry and Pippin Vina,” He half asked half ordered me. I nodded my head and with the sound of swords slicing next to each other, I ran off in the direction, not looking back at Frodo. The last time I would probably ever see that Hobbit again.

     As I ran the sounds of orcs were rising and I swung my bow from around my back and readied it to attack them. I pulled out a bow from my quiver and ran with it in my right hand. The closer I got the more the adrenaline kicked in but the words of one fierce voice shocked me and took my breath away.

     “Find the Halflings!” An orc boomed to his soldiers but that was not all what he said, “Find the women! Find them!” He repeated. I could feel my body start to shake a little but the question was in my mind. Of all people, why me and the Hobbits? With the question and words of the orc, I kept on running and placed the arrow on my bow string and lifted my arms up.

    If they wanted me, they would have to fight me. I was not going to go without a fight!

{AN: sorry its only a short chapter but i wanted to get another chapter uploaded this week.... Who's getting very nervous ??? Live Laugh Love xx}