He watches your contest- Mikey

"Mikey, you know, you don't have to come." You nervously fiddled with your shoelaces, biting your lip. You had been invited to compete at a national championship for skateboarding this weekend, and you had just told Mikey the good news.  

"Of course I wanna come!" He shouted happily, he frustratedly blew back the curls that got into his eyes.  "When is it?" He smiled, his blue eyes twinkling. 

"Um, twenty minutes." You mumbled under your breath. 

"When?!" He shouted. "We've gotta go! C'mon, grab your board, I've got a helmet you can borrow." He tossed an orange helmet at you, that surprisingly went well with your black and white baseball tee. 

"Come on!" He shouted, tugging your arm. 

"No... wait... Mikey!" You protested. 

"What?" He asked, looking a little disappointed. 

"I.... I just.... Can you stay here?" You asked. 

"What?" He asked, looking even sadder. 

"I just... I'm gonna fail.... I know it... and I don't want you to see that." You mutter, biting your lip hard. 

"Okay..." He took a deep breath. "Okay." He repeated, his voice cracking a bit. "If that's what you want. "

"I'll see you afterwards, okay?" You asked, giving him a kiss.

"Yeah, I guess." He mumbled, kissing you back, halfheartedly. 

"Okay then." You said, grabbing your board from him and running to the contest. 

"Up next is (y/n)!" The announcer called. You heard a few scattered calls and you stepped onto your board and skated down. You were doing pretty well, until you slipped on your board a little, you almost fell but regained your balance almost immediately. You finished your set and walked off, when you heard a loud. 

"ANGEL CAKES!!" You smiled and ran towards the voice. 

"Mikey!" You yelled, he picked you up and spun you around in a big hug. 

"I'm sorry Angel, but I couldn't stay away!" He smiled, and kissed you. 

"No, I'm sorry, I didn't want to make you sad or anything. I just... I was afraid of messing up in front of you." You muttered quietly. 

"You did great." He promised. "Now let's go get your scores." He led you over to the judges.

First and second places were announced, when suddenly your name was announced as third place. There were at least 300 kids, you were sure you wouldn't even place. 

"Great job!" Mikey yelled as you went to claim your prize. "Now, let's go home and celebrate." He wrapped his arm around your shoulders and you closed your eyes, enjoying the moment, smiling and nodding, feeling completely happy.