He appologizes- Donnie

It had been a few months since you broke up with Donnie, and you had been doing pretty well.

You threw yourself into schoolwork and reading. You found yourself at the Library almost everyday, and everyday you were greeted with a new book in your spot. Today as you were finished with your book a small slip of paper fell put of your book.

Dearest (y/n), please meet me at the rooftop where I first... Told you something very important, I think you'll remember what.. I would very much like to tell you something, face to face. Please come... I need to see your face and appologize in person.

Sighing, you close the book and stand up. You put it back on the shelf. You put on your coat and scarf, winding it around your throat before shouldering your bag and walking into a wintery New York.

Walking home you find yourself walking towards the building Donnie said to meet him at. What's the harm? You figure, walking up there.

"Hey." You shrug as you see Donnie pacing the roof nervously.

"(y/n)!" He breathes as he sees you, smirking as he eyes the scarf he saved for you so long ago.

"I'm here." You say, a bit awkwardly, twisting your toes on the roof, covered in snow.

"Do you remember what I told you on these rooftops?" He asked. You get a bit frustrated.

"Donnie! I don't see what this has to do-" he cuts you off, taking quick strides over to you, pressing your arms to either side of you.

"Do. You. Remember?" He asks again.

"Yes Donnie. Of course I do." And you remember everything. Ingrid Michaelson's You and I was playing, when he danced with you in the middle of an intricately planned dinner and candlelights.

"You told me that you loved me." You whisper. He smiles sadly, and suddenly the song is playing.

"Donnie." You whine, wanting to  leave this situation.

"(Y/N)! Please! I'm trying to say.. I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to say those things. You are so beautiful and smart." You blush when he says that. "I can't ever lose you again!" He pulls you into a hug.

"ooooooff... Donnie!" You breathe out. I'm a bit crushed.

"Can you ever forgive me?" He asks, letting you go.

"of course." You say and plant a kiss on him.

"Donnie, can I ask you a question?" You ask, as both of you walk, downstairs.

"Of course kitten." He says, twining his fingers through yours.

"Was it you who put those books on my chair in the library?" You ask and he smirks.

"Did you like them?" He giggles.

"I loved them!" You peck him again and laugh together.