The Grass is Greener

Bailey’s Pov

Mom was very quiet the whole way home, I assumed she was pissed about the information I had kept secret so decided to follow my own advice and give her a wide birth. When we got home I hopped out and went straight upstairs to lay down. Nick was right where I had left him, only he had showered and grabbed a guitar in my absence..he was sitting on my bead strumming the acoustic when I walked in.

(Nick) hey how did it go?

(Bailey) *groan* fine, I guess…

(Nick) what happened?

*B sits down on the side of her bed and cups her head in her hands*

(Bailey) my head is still pounding

(Nick) did you take anything?

(Bailey) no

(Nick) *shaking his head* that might be why…did you eat something?

(Bailey) no

(Nick) B..its like noon *scolding*

(Bailey) there was nothing good to eat and then I had to go give my statement. Don't yell at the girl with head trauma its not nice

(Nick)I'm going to go make us a sandwich and get you some Tylenol

(Bailey) K, thank you…OH and steer clear of mom, I think I pissed her off even more…

(Nick) k…

-Later after lunch-

*B lays down on the bed and closes her eyes as she listens to Nick play the guitar. He sits on the floor next to the bed strumming at a tune not yet written..the pounding in B’s head starts to ease and she puts a sleepy hand into his curls and pulls one straight then lets go*

(Bailey) Boing! Boing! Boing!

*Unable to ignore B, Nick rests the guitar against the bedside table and crawls over B into the bed, immeditly stretching out his left arm to wrap around her as she snuggles in*

(Bailey) *continuing to play with Nicks curls as she snuggled in closing her eyes* I love your curls

(Nick) *chuckles* they are the same as yours

(Bailey) no…yours are better….cause they are yours…

(Nick) ah, I see, so curls fall under the same logic as food huh?

(Bailey) I don’t make the rules…I just follow em…it’s a well known fact that the grass is always greener on the other side.

(Nick) yea well your grass is the same, mine is just cut shorter

*Bailey giggles*

(Bailey) I remember mom yelling at us when we were little to leave eachothers hair alone…you were like my personal security blankie…nervous? Twirl nicks hair…sad? Twirl Nicks hair…

(Nick) mmmhmmm….she mostly yelled at me though…I was just a boy so my hair didn’t matter as much but she would just get yours all pretty and then I'd mess it up…sometimes on purpose just to make her scream *chuckles*

(Bailey) It's no wonder she tried selling us…*snickers* Man, I bet whoever turned down that deal is kicking themselves right about now

(Nick) WAH-WAH *loser sound on gameshow*

(Bailey) *giggles* *YAWNS* *Plays with Nicks curls* boing!

(Nick) *smiles* take a nap…doctor said you need lots of rest…

*B closes her eyes and continues to play with Nicks curls until she surrenders to sleep*

Bailey’s POV