Spare The Rod

(Sam) ok continue I'm listening.

(Bailey) I mean, I KNEW I was in huge trouble when I got back, but honestly...If I hadn't stormed out right in front of Dad, I wonder how long it would have taken anyone besides Nick to even notice I was gone. In fact, it seems like the only time they do take notice is when I've done something wrong.

(Sam) which seems to be a lot....

(Bailey) Hey!

(Sam) *chuckles* what? Oh come on...you're denying it?

(Bailey) I'm a good kid! I don't get into THAT much trouble, it just SEEMS like I do because my brothers are so busy all the time with JB stuff there is not a lot of time to get into too much mischief. It makes me look like the bad one but I don't think I get into any more trouble than any regular teen. You know, you are supposed to be supporting me right now in my time of need

(Sam) I am, sorry...go on

(Bailey) so...she slapped me and then my Dad bursts in and grabs me by my arms really hard and starts yelling at me. Sam, he was so angry, Nick had to grab onto his arm and yell at him to let me go, he said he would deal with me when they got back and then him and the boys left for the studio. I'm kinda dreading him coming back, even more so than before and I just needed someone to talk to

(Sam) are you ok? I mean did he grab you or GRAB you?

(Bailey) he grabbed me really hard, it hurt, I mean he apologized but still...

(Sam) has he done that kind of thing before?

(Bailey) no, never...my dad is one of those guys who's scary calm, when he is upset it doesn't take much more than a certain tone of voice to portray that we fucked up, I've never seen him so mad...it scared me.

(Sam) I'm sorry, what did your mom say about it?

(Bailey) I dunno, when he left, before she could say anything I bunkered myself in the bathroom...I'm seriously considering staying here and just sleeping in the tub until he has a few days to cool down.

(Sam) *chuckling* yer a goof

(Bailey) I'm not kidding

(Sam) no, I know I just was imagining you sleeping in the bathtub and it made me smile.

(Bailey) *sigh* I wish you were here, I miss you

(Sam) I miss you too. If it helps I don't think you will be needing to sleep in the tub, I'm sure that your dad will have more than enough time to cool down and be back to his scary calm self by the time he gets back. Anger and worry can kind of make you momentarily crazy sometimes...I'm sure he was just as surprised by his reaction as you were once he had a chance to realize what had happened.

(Bailey) yea, well, we will see I guess....still in major trouble

(Sam) so, I probably wont be talking to you for a while?

(Bailey) dunno...I was thinking more along the lines of I wouldn't be sitting comfortably for a while but there is possibility that he could also ground me just for funzies.

(Sam) ooooh....ok

(Bailey) oh, are you going to be weirded out by it too like Jake?

(Sam) huh? Weirded out by what?

(Bailey) it doesn't happen very often,usually we just get grounded but when the offense is considered severe enough Dad uses a belt on us....you know... spare the rod spoil the child...we were all spanked growing up. Jake was all weird about it, he doesn't agree with it...he thinks its abuse...which I find to be absurdly ironic seeing as how he is the most abusive guy I've ever known.

(Sam) probably 'cause his parents spared the rod...

*B breaks out in giggles*

(Sam) I don't think its weird, my dad is the same way, I told you, he is an ex Marine...order and obedience is kinda his thing...although you do push the rules a lot more with your dad than I ever would with mine *chuckles*

Nick's POV

Recording went really well, perhaps it was the fact that we spent a lot of time in a studio...unlike actors doing voice-overs...we kinda had the whole studio thing down to a science. I hadn't said a word to Dad since earlier in the car, although I had shot him eye daggers all day and imagined about 100 different ways I could try to kick his ass. The car ride back to the hotel that night was no exception, even though Dad had throughout the day morphed back into his normal, collected self, it still pissed me off.

After depositing Joe and Kevin off at their rooms I followed with Dad toward my own room, still not speaking a word to him. He stopped at B's room and fumbled through his wallet for the keycard as I opened my door and went inside. There laying on my bed watching tv was Livie.

(Nick) Where is B?

(Olivia) she locked herself in the bathroom right after you guys left

(Nick) what? Is she ok?

(Olivia) she is fine, shes been talking to Sam mostly from what I can hear... she just wouldn't come out *shrugs*

*Nick walks toward B's room to check on the bathroom situation and is met at the adjoining room door by Dad, belt in had ...B standing behind him finally having left the bathroom. Dad closes B's side of the adjoining door and Nick heard the lock turn. He walks over and sits on the bed, grabbing his ipod from the bedside table he shoves the earbuds into his ears, cranking up the volume*

Nick's Inner Monologue

Ugh....what an asshole.