Ambushed

-Earlier in the evening at home-

*Nick Joe and Kevin are battling each other in Guitar Hero, Kevin is winning by a landslide. Mom is leaning against the doorway enjoying the show when the phone rings, the boys listen closely to Mom's end of the conversation*

(Mom) Hello? ... Yes, that's fine I'll be there to pick you up and Livie can stay but in the future make your plans earlier in the day, I don't like being ambushed at the last minute... Bye *Hangs up*

(Kevin) Was that Bailey? Is everything ok?

(Mom) yes, everything is fine, Livie's Dad is working late tonight and can't pick them up so they need a ride home and she is just going to spend the night.

(Joe) Uhh, hey Mom we can pick them up *shoots a glance at Kevin*

(Nick) yea! 'Cause...we were planning to run out anyway

(Kevin) ...to get something to eat

(Mom) *relieved sigh* well, yea that would be great if you are going out anyway, but take the SUV its more fan proof

*Mom smiles and hands the keys to Kevin from her purse*

(Joe) want anything while we are out?

(Mom) no I'm good thank you. B said she thought the movie got out in about forty minutes so don't keep her standing around.

(Nick) Oh, don't worry we won't. *Smirks*

*The boys pile into the SUV and head towards the theater, Joe checks his phone for show times*

(Joe) yea, that movie she went to see doesn't end in forty minutes, more like twenty

(Kevin) figures, she's lied about everything else why not that.

(Nick) What EXACTLY did you see when you dropped her off? Are you absolutely SURE she was there with Jake?

(Kevin) the girls ran up to the ticket counter and were paying for their tickets then Jake came up behind her and put his arms around her waist and was kissing her neck or at least that's what it looked like. Trust me, they were DEFINITELY together.

(Nick) I just can't believe she lied to me

(Joe) dude, she lied to all of us

(Nick) yea well I can see her lying to you guys, but not me

*The boys pull in front of the theater to see Bailey and Jake together, his arms around her, kissing her*

(Joe) yup, definitely looks like they are together to me

*Bailey breaks her kiss off with Jake and Livie and her run to the car*

(Baileys POV)

*Bailey's smile fades as she sees its not Mom, but Kevin in the driver's seat*

(Bailey to Livie) ugh...great...here we go. Maybe by some miracle he didn't see Jake earlier

*B opens up the back door to reveal two very unhappy looking brothers*

(Olivia) yea, I'm thinking that's a negative

*Both girls climb in and take a seat in the third row behind Joe and Nick*

(Nick) *doesn't turn around to look at B* I can't believe you lied to us about Jake

(Bailey) I didn't

(Joe) Uh, ya know Bailey you may not be able to see through this glass *gestures toward the tinted car windows* but we could sure as hell see you through those front doors.

(Nick) You told us you broke up

(Bailey) we DID break up, that wasn't a lie

(Joe) when did you guys get back together?

(Bailey) *shrug* I dunno...like a week after we broke up

*B watches Kevin's eyes grow big before glaring at her in the rearview*

(Joe) A WEEK after...so you've been lying the whole time we were on tour? Nice...

(Bailey) I didn't lie, I just didn't tell you

(Joe) Lie by omission, same thing

*Nick continues to avoid eye contact with B, Joe opts for a different approach and glares in her direction*

(Nick) are you lying to Mom and Dad too?

(Bailey) no, Mom knows

(Joe) Does she know you were meeting him here or did you just play it off as a movie with Livie? Considering what Kev saw when he dropped you off and what we saw when we picked you up I can only imagine what you were up to in a dark theater.

(Bailey) *getting defensive* See! THAT is EXACTLY why I didn't tell you guys when we got back together, It is none of your business who I date, I never give you crap about all the girls you date.

(Joe) Jake is trouble

(Bailey) he is not!

(Joe) Oh please Bailey! All you've done since you got back with him is lie to us, it's not exactly a convincing argument in his defense

(Nick) I don't like him Bailey, I don't want you dating him

(Bailey) well sorry Nicholas, that's not your decision to make

*the whole SUV falls into an uncomfortable silence*

Chapter End Notes:

wow 3 on one...thats hardly fair.