Paranoid

-Later that week....Friday, lunchtime-

*B sits at the table deep in thought absentmindedly eating sour patch watermelons*

This week blows, I can't go to the party because of yet another Jonas Brothers appearance, and then this morning Mom announces that we will be leaving for New York after school today, not tomorrow morning as first planned so I had to cancel movie plans for tonight with Jake as well, he was pissed, he feels like my brothers plans always come before mine...I agree. There are definitely times I wish I wasn't a Jonas. I've spent most of the week in my room avoiding everyone except Nick and now Livie is sick and apparently Jake is avoiding me because he was nowhere to be found...super.
*Bailey's thoughts are interrupted when someone plops down in the seat next to her, B looks up to see Veronica, aka, Ronnie a cute brunette junior that used to date Joe*

(Ronnie)Hey Bay what do you say

(Bailey) HEY! *hugs Ronnie* how have you been? Are you in my lunch? I've never seen you ...

(Ronnie) I am now...I just switched lunches, I'm good, I've missed you guys, how is Joe?

(Bailey) ugh he's being an ass actually

(Ronnie)Why is that?...that doesn't sound like him

(Bailey) oh no, trust me , Joe is skilled in the art of being an asshole. I think he just reserves it for family. Kevin has been neglecting him this week because he's all wrapped up in some girl he met on vacation, so Joe has turned all his attentions to me...he needs a girlfriend...HEY....

(Ronnie) HA! Don't start...are you going to Brooke's party on Saturday?

(Bailey) I had planned to but the boys have an appearance in New York so now we are leaving today after school and won't be back til late tomorrow...are you going?

(Ronnie) yea...its supposed to be HUGE

(Bailey) I'm so jealous right now you have no idea

(Ronnie) Jealous of me? *laughs* ok Bay whatever you say. 

*Bell Rings*

(Ronnie) gotta go, hey gimme your phone number we need to get together now that you guys are back for a bit

*Ronnie and B exchange phones and plug their info in*

(Ronnie) see ya sweetie!!

*B makes her way to her locker to grab her books for her next class and spots Jake at his locker... with Brooke...suddenly upset,B approaches Jake*

(Bailey)  hey, can I talk to you a minute...alone *glares at Brooke*

(Jake) uh, yea...I'll just catch you later Brooke

(Brooke) okie...bye Jake

*B rolls her eyes at Brooke as she leaves then turns back to stare at Jake*

(Bailey) *raises an eyebrow* what was that?

(Jake) what was what?

(Bailey) you ditched me for lunch and it turns out you were out here with Brooke?

(Jake) I didn't ditch you. I had to run home and grab stuff for practice after school. I just got back and Brooke walked up just before you. I was telling her we wouldn't be coming to the party...is this interrogation over now? Can I go to class? *slams locker and walks off*

(Bailey)  well, that went well...*sigh*

-Saturday evening 9 pm...the Jonas' arrive home-

*Bailey's inner monologue*
Frickin Finally...this day feels never ending....we had to get up so early for the boys interview this morning...fight mobs of screaming girls outside the hotel...went to the interview...fight mobs of screaming girls leaving that...then hit a meet and greet after lunch where the boys did an impromptu free concert....more screaming girls...*sigh* a regular day in the life of a Jonas, on a plus side things are back to normal with Joe and I, which is nice and I got to sneak in a little shopping ....on the downside...I've been trying to reach Jake all day...we havn't spoke since after school yesterday when he walked up to my locker and gave me a kiss and told me he would see me Sunday...he still seemed pretty upset, MAYBE I did overreact with the whole Brooke thing but I dunno it didn't all seem as innocent as he played it off to be. Brooke isn't exactly known as a "good girl" partly the reason, I assume, that she was so popular. Its 9 pm which means the party is starting in an hour...why wasn't he answering my texts? Was he trying to make me paranoid? Because its working. Wonder what he is doing....or who he is with...

*B lays on her bed for over an hour writing In her journal before the lack of response from Jake makes her crazy. She opens her bedroom door and peeks into the hall,every light in the house is off. Grabbing her phone she sends a text*

(Bailey text) Hey are you at the party yet?

(Ronnie text) Hey Bay! Nope, fashionably late of course, are you back??

(Bailey text) yea, hey...can you come pick me up?