Good Cop/Bad Cop

*After opening past text messages to further investigate B walks over to the boys on the couch, slams the bowl of popcorn down on the table and throws Nick's phone at him pelting him in the shoulder*

(Nick) Hey...!

(Bailey) *glaring at Nick* You missed a text *turns and runs upstairs*

(Joe) rut-roh! scrappy seems mad, what did you do Nicky? *laughing*

*Nick grabs his phone to find his text history is up, his eyes widen when he sees the last text*

(AssHat text) B will eventually find out, she won't be happy 

(Nick) craaaaaaap....not me....US *holds phone up for Joe to see the message*

(Joe) oh...well it doesn't say his name and the message isn't exactly detailed...

(Nick) she had my past text up....she knows

(Joe) TECHNICALLY, she thinks YOU did something....its your phone, plus use of info she only told you.

(Nick) ooooh no, no way, I'm not taking the hit for what happened today on my own, if she should be mad at anyone it should be YOU

(Kevin) quit with the finger pointing, we all went, we are all to blame, and B isn't dumb....she is going to figure out at some point if she hasn't already that Nick couldn't have exactly gotten to the mall by himself.

(Mom) *startling the Boys* blame for what?

(Joe) Nothin' *too quickly to be believable*

(Mom) mmhmm What did you do?

*no one speaks up*

(Mom) oh, I see, ok well, you can either tell me OR I can just go ask B because apparently she is involved somehow, which do you think would play out better for you?

Nick's Inner Monologue

Oooh Mom was good, she was definitely skilled in the art of interrogation. You would never suspect it but she was sly, she had a lot of information on us she had collected over the years that she could select from her arsenal and use against us at any time. One way or another, a lot of times with this good cop/bad cop trick she was using right now, she would always get the story out of one of us...and just like in those law and order episodes....it almost always worked out better for you if you were the first one to talk.

*Realizing no one was talking Mom starts to head up the stairs*

(Nick) NO...wait! *Receiving an immediate glare from Joe*

(Joe) Nick...shut up man

(Nick) B is mad at me because she saw I had messaged Jake 

(Mom) keep going

(Nick) *sigh* we pretended we were B and we texted Jake and asked him to meet up to talk.

(Mom) and...

(Nick) He was a jerk to her Mom, did you see her arm?

(Mom) yes I did, back to the part where you all are meeting up to ambush Jake...

(Nick) we just wanted to tell him to stay away from her...

(Mom) *Looks at Joe* Did you hit him?

(Joe) why do you automatically assume me, that hurts

(Mom) Joseph

(Joe) No, nobody hit anybody, we just made it clear to stay away from B that's all...then we left.

(Mom) Well, I certainly hope that is the truth, I don't want you boys fighting. Violence doesn't solve anything.

(Joe) well, it does sometimes

(Mom) No, Violence never solves anything...it just leads to more problems and more violence, work it out with your sister...you're on your own with that one...I'm going to bed, goodnight.

(unison) goodnight.

Bailey's Inner Monologue

UNBELIEVABLE! I would have expected this from Joe, possibly Kevin, but not Nick...why was Nick texting Jake? More importantly, why was Nick texting Jake pretending to be me? That made no sense at all. So...apparently Jake and Nick met up at the mall? When? When they went out for "inspiration"? So...what that means Joe and Kevin knew about it too?  What was Jake talking about me finding out? Finding out about what? What exactly happened today?

*There is a knock at B's door then it opens up...there stands all three boys*

(Bailey) WHAT DID YOU THREE DO? 

(Joe) B you are overreacting, chill out

(Bailey) TELL ME NOW

*silence*

(Bailey) Fine... don't tell me *Picks up her phone and starts to text someone*

(Nick) what are you doing?

(Bailey) going to the source....if you wont tell me, I'm sure Jake will.

*Nick walks over and grabs B's phone*

(Bailey) NICK! Give it back!

(Nick) you are NOT texting him!

(Bailey) WHY? Would YOU rather pretend to be me and do it yourself?

(Kevin and Joe) OOOOOOOOOOOOh ouch

(Nick) *glaring at Joe and Kevin* Ya know what, shut up Joe, it was you that did it not me.

*B's glare immediately turns to Joe...quickly followed by dread*

(Bailey) OHMYGOSH...what did you do? Did you guys get into a fight.. DID YOU HIT JAKE?

(Joe) No, no one hit anyone...we just tricked him into meeting up with us to intimidate him a bit and tell him to stay away from you.

(Bailey) why would you do that?! Its NONE of your business 

(Joe) none of our business? 

(Bailey) yes, none of your business!

(Joe) It became our business the second he decided to lay a hand on you...nice handprint on your arm by the way

(Bailey) I don't need defending, I need you to stay out of it, I still have to see him everyday at school and he is my lab partner in third period. Way to make an uncomfortable situation even more awkward for me, thank you SO MUCH. Get out.

(Nick) B...

(Bailey) GET OUT!

Bailey's Inner Monologue

Brothers For Sale! I swear, the next random Uber that walks by proposing undying love and marriage can have them...buy one get two free...no returns, no refunds. At least they didn't fight...that was a plus...sort of, ugh I am NOT looking forward to school tomorrow, this weekend has been, by far, the worst weekend EVER.