Chapter 12: Thank You

Start from the beginning

I looked at him again. I really want to say something, but what do I say? This is so frustrating. I looked away from him and looked forward. As we walked, I could see more and more of my house. I wonder if Eomma is home yet. I looked down at the sidewalk and watched as I stepped on a crack. I looked at Jimin and tried to muster up the courage to say something. I opened my mouth and began to talk. "U-Um..Ji--" I was interupted by my phone ringing. I sighed in relief. More like I was saved by my phone from saying something stupid. I stopped walking and so did he. "Ah, haha, uh hang on." I pulled my phone out of my pocket and answered it.

"Yoeboseyo?"

"Is this Kim Hyejin's daughter?"

"Y-Yes, why?" Something about how she said it made my stomach turn and my neck hairs stand up.

"My name is Doctor Lee and I called to inform you that your mother is in the hosptial due to a car crash."

"W-Whaa..." I felt my throat start to hurt as the tears started to form. I brought my other hand over my mouth. I looked at Jimin and saw him mouth, 'What's wrong?' I just shook my head and looked away.

"Mrs, please come quickly for I must give you more details about the situation."

I nodded and ended the call. My legs felt wobbly. I was shaking, bad. Tears began flowing down my cheeks. "Eunji, what's wrong?" I slowly turned around to face him and looked into his eyes. He became so sad. I closed my eyes tight as I ran up to him and hugged him. I dug my face into his warm chest and started sobbing.

"Oh Eunji...please, please don't cry. Please just tell me what happened. I want to help." He said as his voice cracked. I shook my head as I continued to sob. "E-Eomma....she..she's in...the h-hospitaal" I said as I sobbed louder. He started rubbing my back. "Oh, I'm so sorry Eunji. But hey don't worry it'll get better, I promise, okay?" He whispered. "P-Promise??" I whimpered. "I Promise. Now, do you want me to drop you off at the hospital?" He said as he pulled me out of his embrace with his hands on my shoulders, looking into my eyes. "No." I said. "No? You don't wa--"
"I want you to come with me. I'll need you by my side." I said as I looked at my feet.

Suddenly, I felt him drop his arm around my shoulders. "I was hoping you'd say that." He said as he wiped my tears.

~

When we walked in the hospital, I ran up to the front desk to see a man there. "Um, What room is Kim Hyejin in? I'm her daughter." He looked at me, then looked at the computer infront of him. "Room 217, second floor." "Thank you." I said in a hurry.

Jimin and I ran to the elevator and pressed the number 2 for second floor. I looked down and closed my eyes. My heart was beating fast. I am so scared. "Hey, it'll be okay." Jimin said as he nudged my arm. I looked at him. He gave me one of his beautiful smiles that always made my day. I nodded and smiled back.

Once we reached the second floor, my heart really started beating fast and I started shaking again. We walked looking for her room. 214...215...216...my eyes landed on the door that said 217. We were standing right infront of the door, I was just to scared to walk in and see her. I was just imagining what she would look like, all bandaged up and wires attached to her. Jimin was right next to me, looking at me. I just continued to stare off into nothing. I was waiting. Waiting for something. Anything.

Just then, Jimin grabbed my hand, squeezing it tight. It brought me out of my thoughts and made me look at him. "When you're ready, I'm ready. I'll be right by your side." He said as he smiled again. That's it. That's what I was waiting for. Knowing someone was there with me, supporting me all the way through it. I smiled at him. "I'm ready."

I grabbed the doorhandle and slowly opened it. I walked in as Jimin followed behind. There was a nurse fixing her pillow. "Um, Hi." I said. She looked at me "Oh, hello. You must be Kim Eunji. Wait here, I'll go get Doctor Lee." She said before leaving.

It was just me, Jimin and Eomma.

She was laying down, wearing a breathing mask and in those white hospital clothes with wires attached to her and a constant beeping noise. She had scratches and bruises all over her with a neck brace and a cast on her left arm and right leg. She looked, lifeless. I covered my mouth and hid my face into Jimin's chest as I started crying. Jimin put his chin on top of my head while he rubbed my back. "Shh, it's okay. It's okay." He continued to whisper.

After a couple minutes of crying, I broke the hug and moved closer to eomma. I pulled a chair next to her bed and sat down in it. I grabbed her hand and rubbed it with my thumb. "Eomma.." I whispered. The door opened and in came a woman, I'm guessing was Doctor Lee. "Hello. Nice to meet you, Kim Eunji. As you know, my name is Doctor Lee." I got up and shook her hand. She also shook Jimin's. "I'm guessing you are her boyfriend?" She said to him. Our eyes grew wide. He looked at me before looking back at Doctor Lee.

"Uh no, I'm just her friend. I have a girlfriend." He said, giving her a smile. Hearing that made my heart hurt.. "Oh I'm sorry, my mistake." She said. "Now, may we discuss about why you are here?" She said looking at us. "Please." I said. I just wanted her to get to the point so she could leave and I could be with eomma. "Your eomma, from what we investigated, was drunk driving and crashed on her way home. Thanks to that crash, she ended up with a fractured left arm, broken right leg and minor whiplash." She said as she showed us the xrays.

I swallowed down the tears as much as I could. 'First Appa leaves, and now Eomma gets injured? What's gonna happen next? Is Jimin gonna leave too??'

"Can she hear us?" I asked. "Well, we put her on sleeping medications, so no, she cannot." She said. "How long do you think she will stay here? At the hospital, I mean." I asked, worried. "Oh she's going to be here for a while. I'd say for about a week. We must make sure that her condition is well before letting her leave."

I nodded at her statement. A week is kind of a long time, but I understand. "I wouldn't worry to much. Nothing bad can happen to her now. She's in good hands." Doctor Lee said as she smiled at me. "Anymore questions?" She asked. I couldn't think of any even though I felt that when she left, I would have one and I wouldn't be able to ask because she already left. I tried to think real hard. "Um, will I be able to come and visit everyday?" I asked. "Of course, if that's what you want." I forced a smile. "I guess that's all then." I said to her. "Okay, well, if you ever have questions, feel free to contact me." She said before she left.

The room grew silent. I turned to look at eomma. My heart ached. It hurt to see her like this. 'God Dammit! It's all his fault! Why did he have to leave and make it so hard for us!' A tear rolled down the side of my face.

I turned to look at Jimin. He gave me a sad smile and simply extended his arms out towards me. I just couldn't hold it in anymore. I ran into his embrace and cried into his chest as he hugged me tight. He brought me to a small couch that was on the other side of where eomma was laying. He continued to hug me as we sat down. I cried and cried until I grew tired and couldn't anymore. I'm glad Jimin is right here by my side. I'm so grateful. 'Thank you, Jimin.'

.

.

.

.

_________________________________

Hi guys. ^^ Sorry for the late chapter. My teacher decided to give me a huge assignment right before my break. I would have updated earlier..I'm Sorry -_-

Anyways, I decided to change the chapter up a bit from what it was originally going to be. The ideas just started flowing I guess. I hope you enjoy! ^^ Please vote and comment! I love you guys!!

사랑해요! 💕  

-JiminiePop