Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I yawned and stretched. Suddenly a shot of pain flew through my arm and then through my entire body. I started getting a headache and I felt myself shifting in my bed. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn’t. I started to panic when I felt cold hands on my shoulders.

‘It’s okay Melody. You’ve been in an accident. Let me give you this shot and you’ll feel a lot better. Just stop moving.’ I felt a little prick in my arm.

‘Feel better?’ I nodded. There was a cool liquid running around my body.

‘Okay, do you remember what happened?’ I tried to but I just remember racing.

‘No.’ I whispered. My throat was dry.

‘Oh good, you’ve got your voice. Well, I heard that you were street racing.’ I froze up, does that mean he knew I was Ace?

‘Your friend brought you here. He said you were a newbie.’ I let out a breath.

‘Uh, yeah.’

‘Well, you were in an accident but your fine. You have a few scratches and a broken arm but other then that your fine.’

‘Okay, how long have I been here for?’ I opened one eye and felt the light intruding so I shut it again.

‘For three days.’ I sat up or at least I tried. Ouch.

‘Ugh, three whole days?’

‘Yeah, you still have to stay here for another day though.’

‘Why?’

‘We need to make sure you don’t have a concussion.’

‘Oh.’ I opened both eyes and caught sight of a white coat, then some blue clothes and a man, quite handsome for his age.

‘Oh good you can see now.’

‘Yeah, who brought me here?’

‘Oh he said his name was…Jace, I think, Jace Richards, no, Rivers, no…’

‘Ryder, Jace Ryder.’ Another voice answered.

‘Ah, yes, Melody woke up.’ He chuckled.

‘Yeah I can see that.’ His chuckle sent a shiver down my back.

‘Alright well, she has to stay for another day. I’ll leave you two now.’

‘Thanks, doc.’

I stared at him and he smirked.

‘Uh, well, thanks, you know, for helping me.’

‘I think you forgot, you only got hurt because you saved me.’

‘No I remember. But still, thanks.’ He chuckled.

‘You’re a weird one.’ Then it hit me.

‘Hang on, does that mean you know I’m Ace.’

‘Well even if I didn’t, I would know now.’ I frowned.

‘Don’t tell anyone, please.’

‘I won’t…’ He smirked again.

‘If?’ I finished his sentence for him.

‘If you teach me.’ He replied.

‘Teach you what?’

‘Teach me, how to race like you.’ I felt my eyes widen.

‘Are you blackmailing me?’

‘Maybe.’ Shit. I have no choice.