The lake

Owens POV

I don't know how long I have been sitting here on the dock; I have no idea at all. I can only see that the moon is high up in the sky and that the stars are twinkling. I am actually shivering, though if it is because of the night cold or the guilt over Sang, I can't say.

Hearing a car coming, I turn to see Sean's car next to mine in the parking lot. This doesn't surprise me, he knows me better than anyone. So he would know where to look for me. But what did surprise me was the person climbing out of the passenger seat: Sang. Sean flashes the car lights to me and drives away. What is he up to?

"OWEN BLACKBOURNE!" Sang yells at me when she walks out to me at the end of the dock.

It makes me smile; reminding me of my mother when I had done something wrong.

"What are you smiling at? I love your smile, but now is not the time! I am pissed off at you, Asshole."

Did Sang just tell me that she was pissed of at me, AND call me a name?

"Yes, you... You... ARGH!!!" she yells, telling me that I actually said that out loud. What has happened to me? I'm perfection itself! I don't blurt things out loud!

"What in the world have I done now?" I ask her, something I probably shouldn't have done. She just turns an even brighter shade red, if that is even possible.

She sits down next to me and looks out to the water, ignoring me as I look at her. For minutes she just sits there.

"Owen Blackbourne, care to tell me what the hell is wrong with you?" Did she just curse? Is the world coming to an end?

"What do you mean Ms.Sorenson?"

"Oh, so we're back to formalities, huh, Mr.Blackbourne," she says, turning her head the other way trying to hide the fact that her whole face screams hurt. But I know better, I know HER better.

"Ms.Sorenson, Sang, I need to get this distance. I hurt you, I need to figure out a way to make this better."

"Two things, you stubborn man: one, how did you hurt me? And two: what about actually asking me for a way to fix this? If I agree that this needs to be fixed, that is."

I can see that she is struggling to keep calm and not yell at me, or something.

I'm tired of her not blaming me; I left her all alone this evening. It's my fault she was alone and probably cried her eyes out because of it.

It's my fault she came home alone to that party, without anyone to protect her from the dangers.

It's my fault those guys were in her room and did what they did!

I tell her all of this, trying hard to keep the edge out of my voice and the emotions off of my face. She just glares at me. Then I can see an evil and mischievous glint in her eyes. What is she up to?