Lukes date.

Lukes POV

"Hi cupcake." I say and smile when she hops out of Docs car and walks into my arms.

"Hi Luke." She says and I can feel her smile into my chest.

"Are you ready for the date of your life?"

"Yes, I was born ready." She says and giggles.

"Good! Now you have two choices: 1: I teach you how to pick locks or 2: we cooks. What do you want to do sweetie?"

"I want to do both! Can we do that?" she asks and pouts with her lip. Oh shit, I'm taken!

"Of course! Let me just gather my things for lock picking."

5 minutes later we are sitting in the dining room with newspaper on the table, so we don't ruin it. Uncle would have a fit if I smeared lock oil or something on it.

"I can show you while I tell you how to do this, and then you can have a go. Is that ok?"

"Yeah, that's for the best."

"Ok. I use 9 steps for picking a lock.

1: Understand how the locks work. When you have done it a few times, like I have, you start to recognize locks and know what to do. But with this you can use the key and get a feeling of how it's build. This pin-and- tumbler lock has a cylinder inside that can rotate. The cylinder is kept in place with several pins when it's locked. When you push the right key in it pushes the pins up so that the top pins no longer enters the cylinder, you can turn the cylinder and it opens.

2: Have a pick and tension wrench with you. They are used for different problems. The wrench is used to apply enough pressure to turn the lock cylinder. You can buy these in sets, but I have been working on mine myself.

3: Now we start with picking it. The tension wrench is placed into the lock, the lower position in the keyhole.

4: Use it to figure out which way to turn for opening the lock, try first clockwise and then counterclockwise. The cylinder will only turn a fraction of an inch before it stops. If you turn it the right way it will give a bit more than if it's wrong. Then it will be stiff and firm.

5: Apply some torque and put the tension wrench the right way and hold it there. You have to start gentle at first, because every lock is different, so this will wary.

6: Now you insert the pick in the upper part of the keyhole and feel the pins. You should here feel the individual pins with the tip. Try to push them up, and feel them spring back again. You have to identify which one that is hardest to push up. If every one of them is easy you have to turn the wrench some for more torque. If one don't go up, turn the wrench more until it can go up.

7: Now you 'sets' the stubborn pins, and you do this by pressing the pin with pressure to overcome the downward pressure. Your pick is pushing against the lower pin, which in turn pushes against the upper pin. Your goal is to push the upper pin completely out of the cylinder.Then, when you stop pushing, the lower pin will fall back down into the cylinder, but the torque on the cylinder will result in a misalignment of the hole in the cylinder with the hole in the housing, and the upper pin should then rest on the cylinder without falling back down. Are you still with me? Now you should hear a faint click as the upper pin falls back down on top of the cylinder. You should also be able to push the lower pin up a little with no resistance from the spring-when this occurs you most likely have the upper pin "set." I know this was a lot of fact, but I am here to show you. And you just have to practice.

8: Just continue the last two steps for the rest of the pins. It's important that you maintain torque on the cylinder so the pins don't fall back down.