CHAPTER 28

The Great Hall was fixed for Aiden's big announcement. I really nervous because it was unexpected to hear from yesterday that he will announce his queen.

"Are you ready?" Odelle asks me.

"Am I ready to leave? No. Not yet." I answered her.

"Oh I reallt do wish that you get pick." I smiled sadly.

"Thanks girls. Well this dress looks amazing as always. Thank you for everything girls, maybe this will be the last one..." They hugged me and I hugged them back.

"Now let's not jump to conclusions. Get down there, Ms. Jane her final announcement for the three of you." I nodded and headed outside.

I head downstairs and saw Ms. Jane.
She was with the other girls.

"Good all of you are here. Now we all know that today Prince Aiden will choose from the three of you his Princess, our Princess. Now if you will not get pick, we will give you a choice. First is you go back to your home state, live your normal lives again. Second, is we let you stay here in the palace with a specific job or any job here in Vorana-Main state of Surzona. Everything clear?" We all nodded.

"Well then let's not make the Prince and the people wait." She guided us going to the Great Hall. The guards opened the doors and we saw people waiting for us.

She made us seat in to seats that are assigned to us. Then she went to the mic to start the whole ceremony.

"Good day everyone. Today is a tremendous occasion for today our Prince, Prince Aiden will announce his Chosen." Everybody clapped in rejoice.

It's only 2 months and the agreed time is 3 what happened?

"Without no further a do, Prince Aiden?" He stands up from his seat and as he pass in front of ys he looks at me sad, worried...I don't know what everything means, but I thinks it's bad.

"Good day everyone! 1 Month ago my sister and I opened the selection, were in the first time in Surzona, we picked 3 ladies to compete for my love and now 3 has entered 1 will stay. My Chosen is..." I can't hear anything...it's like my hearing just lost instantly I can't believe it. "...is Katelyn Covington..." everybody cheered and Erryn and I just raised from our seats and clapped in disappointment.

Katelyn steps forward looking at me and giving me an evil smirk. Like she planned something.

"Everybody, my princess, your princess, Lady Katelyn." I can't believe I can't take it anymore. I looked at Aideline and she was shooking her head and telling me, I'm sorry...

My tears keep running down my face, but I stopped. He told me that he I'm her princess what just happened?

"Well then Congratulations Lady Katelyn! That's it for today thank you everyone. Once again the new princess, Lady Katelyn." Ms. Jane announces, everyone clapped their hands, but not cheered.

A guard went to me handing me an envelope.

Meet me at my office after this ceremony.

The King.

Now what.

I headed of to the King's office with the guards escorting me. As I went inside I saw dad talking to the king, almost arguing with the King Anthony.

"Sit down." He tells me strictly.
I followed him directly.

"Well it seems it was a good idea for my son to marry Lady Katelyn instead of you." I remained silent.

"So that's why he didn't marry my daughter." My father.asks.

"What's the problem Paul? I can't let my son marry a girl who doesn't follow the rules, the king asks." I had enough of this.

"So she told you after all." I told him.

"Certainly, Lady Clare and I'm grateful for her honesty not like you keeping secrets."

"Well is it bad to talk to my father, Your Majesty? Was it a very bad move to do it? What if you daughter doesn't talk to you just because of stupid rule what does that make you feel?" I told him and it made him silent for a while.

"Get out of this palace with your father."

"What a coward, you didn't even answer my questions."

"YOU..." He was about to shout at me when the windows of his office just smashed and the pieces were on the floor. Rebels...again. The alarms went off and the guards went in.

A man in all black jumped from the outside holding a gun.

"Well...well, what a great room to start of with, the king of Surzona. Where is you precious little nephew?" The man asks holding up his gun to the king. The guards were about to cover the king, but they were shot from the outside.

"They already left..." the king replied.

"Liar, your daughter lied to me and look what I did to her, don't make me do it again." So it's him. He's the one who hurted Aideline.

"Tell me the truth!" The rebel shouts at the king.

"I told you they already left." The king tells him with a calm voice.

"Well then I am doing it again." He ready his gun to shoot, he pulled the trigger and was about to shoot.

I run towards the king and... my everything was blurry. The king ran towards me.

"Father!" Someone shouts from the door and I heard a gunshot. Even it was blurry I saw the rebel fell down shot at his chest.

I had trouble breathing. It's like I can't get out of the pool or the sea.

"Clare!" Someone shouts it was Aiden running towards me.

"What happened? Tell me father what happened?" I hear him shout at his father.

"She got shot by the rebel, she saved me..." My sight was going dark, but I can still hear them shoutingg for help.

Then my sight was black...

"No...no...get someone quickly! No... CLARE I'M SORRY IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE YOU...not her, please come back."