CHAPTER 7

The party last night was awesome, having my dream become true, was a magnificent advance gift.

"Are you ready, Angel? We're about to leave." Daddy asks already in his working suit.

"Yes daddy just fixing my hair." I replied. Braiding my hair to make look it's best.
Daddy entered my room. I was done with my hair I went in front of the mirror.
He went at my back and held bith of my shoulders. I saw myself, I was wearing a pastel green day dress with a blazer, I haven't wear since mom gave it to me.

"You look beautiful, angel. Physically and..." he face me to him and place his hands on my chest. "...and here." He was pointing at my heart.

"Thank you daddy." I hugged him.

"Paul! Clary! Come on. We have to go." Mom shouts from downstairs.

Daddy and I looked at each other and giggled, laughing at mom she was a hot headed person, but I still love her.

We arrived at the palace. Mom kissed me on the cheeks and headed to kitchen running. Dad told me that I have to stay with him until I see Aideline.

"Well I can't see Princess Aideline yet, so just stay with me first. We will go to the King's suite."

We headed to second floor of the palace. Dad knocked to the door of the King. The butler opened the door, we entered, dad bowed while I curtsied nervously seeing the King for the first time. I saw Aiden and Aideline talking with their father, their faces were undescribable.

"Good, you can continue on what your doing." The King tells his twins

"Now who is this young lady, Paul? Is this Clarrissa?" The king asks my dad.

I stepped forward. "Actually it's just Clary, Your Majesty."

"Maybe your daughter can join the..."he wasn't able to continue until Aiden spoke up.

"Father I think it's better if she will know together with the others."

"I guess your right."

"Daddy I'll take my new friend here, to the garden." Aideline puts her arms through mine. Giving me a smile.

"Well then go ahead. Enjoy your stay here, dear."

Aideline and I both curtsied to the king and head our way to the gardens.

"So?"

"You do know, Maxon right, my cousin in Illea?"

"Prince Maxon?"

"Oh Clare, not just a Prince, but King! And she told father that he has he has already find her queen, Queen America." Good for him, I must say.

"...and for that daddy had this brilliant idea."  She made a face.

"And what exactly is that?"

"A Selection!"

"For you?"

"No. For the both of us." We sat down on a seat reserved for us.

"What? I've heard about the Selection Process and it only happens to the heir of the royal family."

"Wait are you really the heir to the throne?" She smiled and drinked water, trying to ready her explaination.

"Well for the truth, I'm actually not, it's Aiden."

"But one time in theNEWS your father said."

"He's lying. He was actually mad at Aiden that time so he told the whole world that I was the Heir.

"So how do you feel about the Selection."

"It's different, Clary. Father change the process, every 17- 19 year old young men or women could be our wife and husbund."

"What!"

"Yes since Aiden and I will have selection dad decides to only have 3 people for each of us. 3 gentleman for me, and 3 young women for Aiden. Then they will be staying here for 3 months."

"Will the choosing will be the same." I asked

"I'm not sure, let's see. Father says that the Choosing Ceremony will be on this Friday already."

"Well that's a nice gift for me..." Aideline stared at knowing what I'm talking about.

"Clary, It's your birthday this Friday?" I nodded.

"Yes. Ah Aideline, may I excuse myself I have to got to the comfort room."

" Oh sure I'll let Lily head the way."

"Lily!"

"Yes, your highness?" Aideline gave her personal maid at stern look.

"I'm sorry...Aideline..."

"That's alright Lily. Well will you take Ms. Clary here to the comfort room?" Her maid nodded and she pointed her arms to the door.

"Ah Lily are we almost there? I think I can handle myself, go back to Aideline, she far more important." She nodded.

"It just right there, the first door right after turning right in that corner. Are you sure you can find your way back?"

"Yes Lily, don't worry." She curtsied and left.

I followed Lily's direction and I found the comfort room. I looked at myself at the mirror and thought of what Aideline told me earlier. I'm so nervous. I washed myself with water and got a towel. Clary,be strong, maybe he might not pick you, chill. I looked again at the mirror and headed my way back to the garden.
Until I bumped into someone.
I felt that both of us fell in the carpeted floor.
"Dang it, it hurts." Holding and massaging my forehead.

"Clary?" I opened my eyes and it was Aiden.

"Geez Clary, be careful are you alright?" He asked very concerned. He stood up and helped my stand up also.

"Thank you. I'm fine..." I think so..." You?"

"I'm alright. Hey I thought you were with Aideline. Where is she?"

"She's in the garden, Aiden."

"Let me guess you two talked about what father told us an hour ago."

"I'm sorry don't blame her. I asked."

"So what do you think?"

"Of what?" I started walking towards the hallways and he followed.

"Of the Selection because I anyone can pick anyone even you."

"Oh...I don't know... At times I always dream to live in palace like this, well based from the fictional books that I've read its beautiful and peaceful." I twirled across the room. I saw him smile.
" But I don't to live here just because of a competition to fight for you, well not that I'm saying that I hate you, but I'm not like those other girls,going wild when they see you. Ok?" I hope I didn't hurt his feelings.

"I understand it's hard for us too. Oh Aideline's there." She waved to her sister and I didn't notice we were at the door already.

"Yah I have to go, nice talking to you tho...See you around."I curtsied. I was about to turn around my body when he suddenly he held my arm and gave me a kiss on the cheeks. Then he left without looking back. I felt myself blush so hard. Why did he do that? I continued walking towards Aideline.

I saw her smile and giggling to me, I bet she saw what happened. I sat down to the sit next to her and took a sip of the tea.

"Clary, be honest with me."

"What?"

"Do you like my brother?"

"Uhmmm..."

"So you do like him."

"No..."

"Don't worry I won't tell, and besides I think he likes you too...he never kissed a girl, well I mean except for me and mom,  like that before."

"Really?"

"Really."

'I think he likes you'  I hope this is not a fact that will ruin the Selection.