CHAPTER 23

"Clare, wake up..." I opened my eyes and it was already dark. I saw Odelle.

"There we go...so...dinner is ready will you go downstairs?"

"Yeah I will, just give a minute."

"Sure thing, I'll ready your dress."

I looked up to my ceiling and remembered what Odelle told me earlier...the thing to solve my problem with Aiden ,to talk to him.

"Odelle?"

"Yeah?" She peeks from the dressing room.

"Make me wear the most beautiful dress you and Cassia made." I gave her a proud smile.

"That's the spirit, I'll get to it. Come!"

She made me wear a red gown, the skirt was full of ruffles and she also made me wear a white blazer.

"This looks beautiful, Odelle! Thanks a bunch!" I hugged her.

"Well go on, get yourself a prince." I giggled and so did she.

I went outside and headed towards the Great Hall. I turned a final right turn and their was the door of the Great Hall. But I didn't expect with what I saw...Aiden kissing Erryn. I know this is the selection and he kiss who ever he likes, but its different when you already love someone.

"Shall we?" He offered his hand Erryn and she took it.

"Of course." Erryn replied and they went in having big smiles on their face.

I felt a tear running down my face. It hurts so bad.

I continued walking wiping the tear off my face. The guards opened the door for me and entered. I headed to my seat without looking at Aiden.

"Congratulations, dear for winning the contest." The Queen started.

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

"Clare?" I saw her raised an eyebrow, Aiden was right next to her so it's impossible to not look ar him.

"Uhmm...thanks mom..." another tear runs down my cheek.

"Is everything alright, dear?"

"Uhmm...can I excuse myself." I rose from my seat and turned around. I saw in the corner of my eye Aiden standing up, Katelyn was beside him, she holds his arm and made him sit down.

I walked outside the room. Now this dress is useless, it was wrong idea to even to come here. What was I thinking?

"Clare!"

"Leave me alone please..."

"Come on, Clare. Don't make the princess run after her sister-in-law..." I turned around and gave her a confused look.

"What?" She went near me and grab my wrist softly.

"Where are we going?" I asked her but she didn't answer.

We went outside, it was already night and only the moon and the lights from the lamp post are our only light source, until I saw lights flying around.

"Are those fireflies?" I asked her.

"Yeah..."

We went inside a butterfly sanctuary and it was beautiful having butterflies fly around and some land on flowers takes the anger out of me.

"I..."

"I know...you love these kinds of things...your welcome."

We sat down in a bench in the sanctuary.

"I know why you are crying earlier, Clare. It's because of my brother, am I right?" I nodded.

"Ughh he such an idiot...but don't worry he loves you..."

"So about what you said earlier, sister-in-law?"

"Just what like I said...he loves you..."she giggled.

"Why are giggling?"

"Nothing." She stopped.

"Come let's go back inside." I nodded and we both went inside.

We were walking down the hall when we heard giggling. It was Katelyn and Aiden. They were holding hands.

"You sure he loves me?" I whispered to Aideline.

"I'm sure."

"Goodevening Ladies." Aiden greeted us.

"Having a great Aidy?" He added.

"Absolutly, and you?" He was about to answer when Katelyn barges in.

"We're having fun."

"I'm not talking to you Lady Katelyn please, manners..."

"Well she's right, Aidy we are having fun, and how about you Lady Clare?" Lady? Are you serious right now? Did we just met?

"Great!" I answered back with anger in my tone.

"Come on, Aideline. Can we just go?"

"Great idea." She replied.

"I apologize Your Highness." She let's go of Aiden's hand and went near to Aideline.

"Stop." She raised her hand and Katelyn did stop.

"I don't need your apologise, what I need is for your attitude to change."

Katelyn remained silent.

"Come let's go..." Aideline grabs my hand and pulls me away from them.

"Ughh...she's annoying."

"You said it..." We laughed.

"So here's your room..." we arrived at my room.

"How about you?"

"This is my home, Clare. Don't worry about me..." I giggled.

"Princess!" It's Noah running towards us.

"Hey Clary!"

"Hey!"

"Princess." She took Aideline's hand and kissed it.

"Sir Noah..." I saw Aideline blush.

"Uhmm...Clare, can I take the princess?" I giggled.

"You can take the Princess anytime, Noah."

"Well then...I'll go inside, leave you two sweethearts alone."

"Clare..."

"What? I'll sleep already...Goodnight..." I went inside and closed the door.

Those two look cute together. I really hope Aideline picks Noah.