CHAPTER 2

I GRABBED MY THICK COAT and wore my winter boots and brought the book I was reading. I went to my favorite place, the cave-like place where I love to hang out or just get out of the house to stay away from anyone's voices. I found this place when I was 14 years old, I told dad this place and he made a wooden door at the entrance of it, I was like a small home for me. I got the key to it's door under the trunk of the tree, it was the place I keep the key to my peace. 

As I went inside I light up a lamp and their was silence. I read my book until I heard a special knock.

Noah.

I immediately opened the door because I know the cold from outside is freezing. I saw Noah with his thick black coat against the sunset, that was about to say goodbye. He was holding to small coolers.

"Hey, I knew you were here, well your dad thought that you were here. Oh here, some hot chocolate with big marshmallows just the way you like it." I took the cup with a smile.

"Thanks, so what brings you hear besides...bringing hot chocolate?" I laughed and opened my book while drinking the hot chocolate he made.

"Well.." He took something out of his jacket a some sort of newspaper and tore a paper.

"What's that?"He handed me the paper and it was a coupon of free books, that I always wished for.

"Happy Birthday?"he giggled.

This month is November, my birthday well it's 15 days more, my month. Even if the cold weather has come early, I love it, it suits my style of reading my books beside the fireplace.

"Noah, thank you! I love it" I put down my book and gave him a big hug.

Noah was my friends besides from my book. He was actually my childhood friend, we grew up together, knowing each others likes and dislikes and of course he really knows that I like books. Wait not just like but love books.

"That newspaper is hard to find, and it's not regular that the bookstore just gives book, Clare. So this Saturday you will get books as much as you like." he laughed.

"Oh my god, thank you so much. This means so much to me."kissing the coupon.

"Alright, well I have to go, I just told mom to give these things, and I think the sun has set already,do you want me to take you home?"he told me with concern in his voice.

"Yah sure love to." Nearly almost everyday he takes me home, that means when I'm here his here; I don't why is he still asking that question.

We went outside, I locked the door and immediately hid the key under the trunk of the tree. We headed to our house talking about my upcoming birthday, his so excited about.

"So...what's your plan for your celebration? Mom says that when every girl turns 18 it maybe her best year living...so?"

"I don't know...food I guess?" laughing with what I said, well couldn't said anything better. Food? seriously Clare?

We were so focused on talking about my birthday, we didn't see the roots of the tree that was near us. Having the light of the moon as our guide, it's hard to see. 

I tripped and so did Noah. I lost my sight and when I opened my eyes I see him in front of me. I saw his green colored eye staring to mine with such care.His ash colored hair shining because of the light of the moon. Then I saw his lips coming to mine, it was akward I didn't know what to do.

"Uhhh...Noah what are you doing?" I giggled, but somehow annoyed at the same time.

"Umm, I'm sorry." He stood and straighten his clothes.

"We better get going, it's getting dark." I just nodded and we headed to our house.

We were my house's doorstep we stood there.

"I'm sorry about that thing earlier, I..." he was about to say something when the door opened.

"Clare? Noah?" Mom barges in.

"Oh Mrs. Donnell."

"Mom..."

"Clare why won't you invite Noah inside its cold here outside." she gave me a motherly look than she always gives me.

I was about to speak when... "Oh no it's alright I'm going home, Mrs. Donnell. thanks for the invite." Noah gave a smile and then look at me and then waved good-bye.

I went inside just drinking the hot choco, well that was still hot,  and not looking to mom.

"Clary." I stopped and faced mom.

"Yes?" I asked with an attitude

"What was that all about?"

"Nothing. I don't know he told me that he was just gonna give me this hot choco and these coupons. Is there problem there? I asked.

"Okay...go to the dining room, dinner is ready your only one were waiting for."Pointing to the dining room.

"Alright."

Dinner was delicious, it was like the best dinner ever. Even if Mom is so annoying, I love the foods that she cooks.