CHAPTER 5

3 MORE DAYS AND I'M TURNING 18. I woke up thinking of this, I don't know why I'm so worried about turning 18. Is it because I have to choose my husbund, because of some law? Well speaking of law, the king, the Prince, the party!
Oh my gods I totally forgot and I'm just here looking at the top of my bed.

"Clary! What are you doing there come on Amy is here already she brought our dresses, there so beautiful Clary so get up!" Sophie barging in, shouting at me. Well when you have annoying little sister.
I got up from my bed and rush to go down stairs.I saw Amy holding my dress,but it was covered with this black thing.
"There you are! Had a goodnight sleep?" I nodded and she laughed.

"Here's your dress, my...laady..." She handed me the dress, it looked so thick. I was so excited to wear it, to go to the palace. To live out my dream. One more thing I want to see is the guy I saw last time in my fave place, but will be wearing mask so there's no chance of seeing him.
"Come on where it, the hair stylist is waiting for you." I nodded and ran up stairs.

It felt so good wearing a dress, being a princess like the fairytales I have read in my books. I went to my mirror I saw it, it was beautiful. It was a blue pasteled color dress, my favorite color. There was this white part in my waist, it was tight, I can't hardly breath.

I immediately went down stairs and at end of the stairs was this glittering heels and on the table was this elegant blue neclace. Daddy saw me, he was wearing a suit, so elegant, and gave me a big smile.
"Here let ne give you a hand." Daddy took the necklace and put it at my neck and made me face face him.

"You look gorgeous, angel."dad gave me a kiss in my cheeks.

"Thanks dad, but I'm not even done."

"Well it's not about the make-up and this that makes you gorgeous, angel. It's this..." he put his hand on my heart.

"Oh my Clary your beautiful!"
Mom comes to me, she looks stunning with the white gown and her hair all the way up.

"Thanks mommy, daddy. You too look elegant also." Looking at both of them.

"Clary come, well do your hair and make-up." Amy called me.

"You can eat while we're doing your hair." My hair was so elegant, with braids, they call it mermaid braid. With my blonde hair, I look like a snow queen in water! With my make-up I told them to make it light because well there will be a mask to cover it so no use if there to much make up.

They just put blush and lipstick on me, to make me presentable atleast for the king and queen because Amy said that we are going to be introduced to the Royal Family, before having dinner.
Finally I was done with my make-up and hair and I went to see what Aleyna and Sophie look like. They jumped for joy when they saw me. Aleyna was wearing a red gown, her favorite color. A bright yellow for Sophie, just the way she likes it.

2:00 in the afternoon we headed our way to the palace. Aleyna, Sophie and I were in the same car while Amy, Dad and Mom were at the other. Since our house is far away from the palace it was right that we left the house at this time.

At last we have arrived at the Palace. It looked magnificent having a maze out of bushes. I think they have 3 floors well that's what dad says having him follow the king always.
We entered the palace and at the entrance there was a guard telling the names of the guests. Amy whispered to him each of our names, every time someone enters the guard tells his/her name and he/she will curtsie or bow to the royal family at the other side of the ballroom and a mask is handed to us.
I was the last one to be called because Aleyna told me to do so telling me that maybe I will meet someone here.
Aleyna was already 20 years old and now he has a boyfriend and they have been together for 3 years already.
"Miss Clary Direwood." The gaurd shouts my names so loud that every person in the ballroom heard my name. I curtsied and saw everyone they were in mask already.
"Miss?" A lady handed me a mask that suits my gown perfectly.
"Thank you." Giving her a sweet smile.
"You look lovely miss." Her sweet voice I would always remember, as a sign of welcoming to the palace. I gave her nod and I told her without no sound, you too... she smiled and proceeded to giving the next person a mask.