CHAPTER 10

I woke up on my bed thinking with this big bed sheet on top of me. Having this moment will be the last time I'll sleep here in this room. Maybe after the selection, I'm the girl in the bed of the Prince cuddling with him.
But can I love him? Can I love Noah? This questions keeps on rotating inside my head and heart.

It's already 7:08 in the morning and Amy told me last night that the car will pick me up at 9:00 sharp. I got up and head downstairs, but to my suprise I saw mom and dad talking about something. I went near and saw mom making her tears get back in her eyes.

"What's going on?" I asked them touching dad's shoulder.
"I guess the Prince will take care of you now." Mom said. These words even make me curious about their attitude right now. They gave me a letter withe the Seal of the Royal Family. I sat down and opened the letter.

Dear Fatima and Paul Donnell,

As we all know your daughter, Clarrissa Donnell, is selected to be one the contestants of the Selection Process of Prince Aiden. And we also know that both of you work for my family. Fatima as the head chef and Paul as one my royal advisors and so does,my son Aiden.

Now as for your daughter, since she is one of the contestants, we would like to tell you that Fatima will be temporarily dismissed as the head chef while Paul will still continue his work but won't have any contact or communication with your daughter. There will only a specific time that you can talk to your daughter. This done so no cheating or planning is done. For a fair competition.

Good  day.

Sincerly,
King Anthony.

I was shocked by the words given by King Anthony. I won't able to see mom and even talk to daddy.

"That's it?" I wanted to rip the paper with my anger with his request.

" Don't worry Clary. It's okay, I'm still there. The only thing is that I'm not talking to you." He smiled and held my hand to give me hope.
"And they called earlier, they said that your mom can resume her job once the selection is done, well that depends..."

"Mom?" She looked at me she smiled, but I can still the sadness on her eyes. Mom really loved her job, not the part where she serves for the Direwood's but to cook all day.

"Oh I can't stand this. Can we just eat as a whole family before I'll be leaving and living with the Direwood's?" My parents laughed, dad called Aleyna and Sophie outside where they were having their morning routine.

We finished breakfast mom told me to get ready and so I did. I took one last nice bath and changed. Again Aleyna made me a another dress.This time it was a beautiful day dress, well it's literally a day dress with it's pastel yellow color. It was tight at my waist but the skirt flows like a flower. Well I adore flowers and Aleyna knows that so she made the top part have a print of flowers and she put a baby colar.

"Angel?" Dad knocked the door before entering and I saw in my mirror that he entered his left hand was at his back.

"Yes Daddy?" I smiled and turned to him.

"You look beautiful, as always Angel. Anyways we haven't got a chance to give you this yesterday." He handed me a black boc with a red ribbon wrapped at it.

"Oh dad you and mom shouldn't have."

"Well it's here. Just open it." I followed him and opened the box. It was beautiful, it was a ouble faced necklace. A sun at one side the moon at the other.

" Daddy what does this mean?" He gave me a mysterious smile.

"Oh you will find out. Any how come on let's get that put it on." Dad took the necklaceand placed it on me.