38- twins- mike imagine

Start from the beginning

"I always sit out here." You replied simply, knowing he probably wanted to get back to his game.

"I know you do. I see you every day, almost hit you with the ball a couple of times!" he laughed. You frowned at him. You didn't realise people were aware that you sat out here, especially mike. Although he took your expression differently. "Accidently of course! I would never hit you on purpose, that would be horrible and you don't deserve that. Especially after everything that's happened."

Of course he knew about Mona and what she did. Everyone did. You couldn't believe you had forgotten, mike was a Montgomery. Aria's brother. Mona had made his sisters life a living hell.

"I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to. My sister made your sisters life a living hell." You said. It was meant as a sort of apology. You hated apologising for Monas actions, especially as you had no input. But to mike, you didn't mind. You actually meant it.

"She did. But your sister isn't you. Don't they say there's always an evil twin?" He joked. You smiled, not wanting to seem rude, but you didn't laugh, and in fact it made you feel worse about Mona.

"Sorry." He muttered, sitting down next to you. Firstly you were surprised by his actions, sitting next to you was like social suicide. Secondly you didn't understand why he was apologising, no one ever did. In everyone else's eyes you should have been sent to Radley as well.

"What are you sorry for?" you questioned.

"For saying that your sister is evil, it was only a joke but I could see it still hurt you. And I'm sorry for how everyone treats you." You were taken aback. He shouldn't be the one to say sorry. Now that you looked back at it, he never treated you badly, yet he never interfered either.

"It's ok. I'm used to it. Everyone assumes that because we were both bullied by Alison and we both became popular after her death, we both became A and made the liars lives awful. But I had nothing to do with it, I didn't even know. And now, I haven't just lost my sister. It feels like I've lost my life."

By the time you finished speaking you realised you had been crying, like all of the bottled up emotion was pouring out.

"Hey. It's ok. They may not see how great you are, but I do." He wrapped his arms around you, causing you to stiffen.

"Is this a joke?" you asked, pushing him away.

"No of course it's not. I think you're a cool person y/n."

"Why would you!? Why would you think that?! I'm nothing" you shouted at him. Then it all became too much so you left. You never went back to lessons, deciding to go home instead.

Your mother was at work and would be until dinner, so you sat on the sofa, letting all your emotions out. When it was the time she would be coming home you made yourself look decent. You made it look as though you were perfectly fine. You didn't know if you would ever be fine, but you no longer felt emotional about everything that had happened.

You got a message from your mother a few minutes later; she was working overtime and couldn't come home until late that night, so you would have get something to eat. You didn't want to cook, instead you opted for a take-away.

You walked over to the nearest restaurant to grab something, but the line was massive and it felt like your stomach would rumble so much it would cause an earthquake.

So you headed to the brew. You walked in, spotting the liars on the sofas opposite. You remembered a time when you would be sat with them. They stopped talking, looking over at you. You turned to the person serving, keeping your eyes off them and focusing on your meal.

"Y/n."

You turned to see Hanna. You had spoken to her a few times and had gone to visit Mona in Radley with her once or twice.

"Hi Hanna. It's good to see you." You said and you meant it. You missed her, she was like another sister to you.

"It's actually good to see you too." She surprised you by hugging you, but you hugged back like you would if nothing had ever happened. "We need to talk." She guided you over to the girls. Your heart was pounding and you wished your food would hurry up so you could leave. They made a seat for you and you sat down.

"We wanted to apologise." Emily said. The others nodded.

"You didn't deserve everything that's happened to you. We know you didn't know anything about it. We were just betrayed and mad at Mona. When we started getting the texts again, we figured it was you. Then we went through your post. We saw a letter from A it had photos in it of you and Alison fighting. They were going to use it against you."

You hadn't told anyone about the texts you had received. If it was Mona, then you would just ignore it. But it clearly wasn't.

"I've been getting the texts for a while, I figured it was Mona, so I just ignored it." You explained to them.

"We thought it was Mona too, but it's not. It's someone else." The words knocked the air out of you.

"What do we do?" you questioned.

Just like that it was back to normal for you. You had your friends back. The girls stood up for you and the whispering and everything else stopped.

'SOS –Aria' you raced out of your house as soon as you got the message. When you arrived you were the first there, so you waited for the other girls. You discussed the issue, finding it wasn't as bad as Aria had originally thought. You grabbed your coat and walked out of the door. You didn't get far down the path until you heard your name being called. When you turned around you were face to face with mike.

"I'm sorry." You both said at the same time, making you both laugh.

"You go first." You said, gesturing with your hands before wrapping your coat around yourself.

"Well. I wanted to say sorry for that lunch on the field. I really did mean the things I said. I didn't mean for you to think it was a joke and I'm sorry I was a complete idiot about it until now."

"You don't have to say sorry, I was apologising for how I acted then as well. I over reacted. I judged you even though I despise people who judge people before they get to know them. I should've listened to what you had to say. And I'm sorry I avoided you afterwards."

"You had every right to think that I wasn't being serious. It was out of the blue."

"It was, but thank you for saying what you did, it really helped."

"Your welcome."

You fell into silence, waiting for one of you to speak.

"So..... I should get going." You turned away, but got pulled back instantly.

"wait." Mike said. "Would you....uh.... maybe... like to go out tomorrow?" he asked, rocking from one foot to the other.

"I'd love to." You smiled widely. He grabbed your hands, pulling you even closer.

"I'll pick you up at six." You nodded, your faces centimetres apart.

"Aww this is so cute!" Aria exclaimed after taking a picture with her camera. You pulled away from each other, mike glaring at aria.

"Thanks, sis." He said angrily.

"No problem." She replied, unfazed by his tone of voice. She grabbed his arm, pulling him towards the house. "But you want to save the kiss until after the date." She advised, chuckling.

"Aria, stop talking."

"You don't realise how adorable this is." She said to you, wrapping her arm around her little brother.

"He's had the biggest crush on you since forever. He even liked you when Alison was around." He made her walk inside, blocking her from the doorway.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He said, a blush covering his cheeks, as yours surely did.

"He talks about you constantly." You heard aria shout although you couldn't see her past mike.

"bye." He said. You said bye back and headed down the path home, looking forward to your date.