He shook his head, "I don't even want to know what events took place. You missed a lot though, you know what goes on in two days without you in this place".

"What did I miss, fill me in".

"First off, you know your clients only want you. You missed a few appointments, but they allowed Kylie to fill in as your replacement".

"That's all? No important calls or emails from anyone?"

He looked down at a notepad that sat on his desk, he usually wrote down important things that he'd most likely forget.

"Oh yeah, tomorrow Emily needs a spot for Wednesday at 2:00pm. Monica also invited you to a after party that she's having at 1OAK tomorrow night, I'll forward you all the info".

I worked with a lot of celebrities, but Emily had always been one of my favorites. Years before she had the fame, I was her hair stylist. Once she got on Love & Hip Hop, her name grew and her brand grew. I remained one of her hairstylist, but I wasn't always able to travel with her.

Monica was also one of my favorites. When ever she was in the East Coast area, we always worked together. She always invited me to events and introduced me to many people.

"That's fine, short notice but I'll go... You're gonna be at Mommy's tonight, right"?

"Of course, wouldn't miss it for nothing". We both burst out laughing, "Fat ass".

After the laughter died down I got up to walk to my office. "There's donuts and hot chocolate in my car for everyone, can you please get it".
He said he would, so I headed to my office.

The room was filled with pictures, some of friends and family. The closest picture by my computer was a picture of Safaree and I. I couldn't bare to look at it, I knew it was going to bring back memories. I picked it up and threw it in the garbage.

--------

The rest of my day at the shop was very peaceful, nothing but laughs and positive energy. Jelani was closing the shop, so he wouldn't be over my mom's house until later.

I parked my car in the driveway, but hesitated to get out after I cut the car off. For some reason I felt the need to take a quick breather but I knew I'd be fine.

I finally grabbed my things and opened the car door. I got out and walked the the front door. I realized I didn't have her house key on my key chain, so I just knocked on the front door.

As usual, my younger brother Micaiah answered. He was truly my everything, being that he was always the closest thing I had to a child of my own.

I always spoiled him and made sure he stayed on the right path. He didn't have it as hard as Jelani and I, but I made sure he realized how blessed he was.

As soon as I saw him, I pulled him into a hug. "Hi Caiah, I missed you so much". He hugged me back, "You just saw me". I nudged his shoulder, "Don't do me like that, you know I'm always missing you".

I walked pass him and into the kitchen, I knew exactly where my mother was. When she saw me her face lit up, I was basically her carbon copy. All three of us looked exactly like my mother, her genes were extremely strong.

"Mommy"! I squealed out as she pulled me into a tight hug. "Why haven't you been calling me Kennedy, I've been worried about you".

"Mommy I've been okay, I just needed to think for a few days". She pulled my face closer to hers and looked me in my eyes, she knew that something was wrong.

"What's wrong with your eyes, have you been crying"? I quickly shook my head no, "No I haven't been crying, why would you think that"?

She lightly popped me on my thigh, knowing I was lying. "I can tell that you have bags under your eyes, you only get them when you've been crying . Now tell me what happened".

When she finally let me go, I walked over to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. "Me and Safaree made the decision that we are officially over. The engagement is over, it just.. it wasn't working and things weren't mutual".

She looked at me and I could tell her face had saddened. She actually loved Safaree as her own son. The ten years we spent together were nothing but joy, and I never attended a family dinner or event without him.

"You two are grown and your problems are none of my business, so my opinion isn't needed. If you want to talk I'm always here, you know I'll always be here baby".

I sat on top of the island and just looked at her. "Mommy I don't know what to do, it all hurts so bad. I don't know how to face the fact that we're done. He was always by my side and he helped me through everything. He was supposed to be mine, but he gave it all up.. he doesn't want me anymore".

Every time I talked about the situation, I started to cry. I knew if anybody hated to see my tears it was my mother. I was her only girl, and my tears hurt her more than they hurt me.

She walked over to me and wiped the tears that were now falling down my cheeks. "You're a Maraj and a child of mine. I raised you to be the strong woman that you are today. You can do anything you put your mind to, you've done it so far".

"I know mommy, but you know how it feels to love a man and everything suddenly falls apart. You know how it feels, but you survived it. I don't know if I can deal with the fact that he's out of my life for good".

She kissed the middle of my forehead, "Take some time to focus on yourself, you'll realize a lot. Now help me with this food".

I smiled knowing that everything my mother said was true. I don't know where I would be without this woman, lord knows she's my everything in one.