Take it easy (Chapter 87)

I was ready to get back. I had an appointment today and this would tell if I could go back to work next week. I have spent enough time at home. Between my pregnancy's and injuries, I've been home enough. I wanted to do something. When I get the okay, the next shift I will be back at 51. Matt put his shirt on as  I walked in the room. He nudged me " Ready for your appointment..." I laughed " Ready to get back..." He looked at me and put his hand over my shoulder " I know... lets just see what the doctor says.." I looked at him " well I can drive, and then drop you off at work.." He looked at me              " Gabby!" I looked over at Matt "What!" He took my hand " you can't drive..." I looked at him and laughed " what..?" He looked at me " I didn't say anything... the doctor did.. no driving until you go back to work." I looked at him " come on.." He kissed my head " Doctors orders... not mine" 

We headed to Chicago med where I was going to meet with my doctor. We walked into the main hospital entrance. We sat down and waited for the doctor. We noticed someone familiar walk by. Matt looked at me " isn't that Dr..." I looked at him " Dr. Halsetad.." Will tuned around " yeah um.." I smiled   " Gabby!" He looked at me and shook his head " yeah.. the firefighters!" I smiled " yes!" He looked at us " Are you waiting.." Matt looked at me " Were just making sure she's okay.." He looked at us " Well I can check you out.. let me just check with the doctor.." 

I knew it was okay. It was good that someone we knew from before was going to check me. Jay is his brother which is good knowing that he is probably good. He took us back to a private exam room. I smiled " well thanks.." He nodded " yeah sure.. anything  for you guys! you've helped us out a lot here..." He checked my vitals " everyone looks good so far.. I'm going to order an x-ray.." Matt looked at me and grasped my hand " is everything ok.." He looked at Matt " yeah... we just want to make sure your good." I had the x-ray and all the tests came back. Dr. Halstead came back  " Everything looks better... I can't clear you for truck though.." I looked at him " what.." He looked " I'm sorry.. I just can't clear you. You can't be climbing laters and going into burning building.. your body can't take that.. at least not know." I couldn't believe it. Matt put his hand on my back " ok.. thank you doctor.."

To be continued...

Thanks for reading everyone!!