Careful (Chapter 86)

I have been on bed rest and off of work for 3 weeks already. I just wanted to be back at work. I was able to be home with the kids. I loved that,  but the job was just as important. Matt got out of bed and started to get ready. I was still sleeping and I was honestly just taking advantage of that. Having three kids under the age of 3 was hard. I didn't get much sleep and the job made that worse. Sleep wasn't even much of a thing lately. For us we just learned to survive it. It was all we could do for anything. Matt walked to the dresser to grab his lieutenant shirt, and he put it on.  I began to wake up and saw him look at me. I slowly opened my eyes " hey.." He smiled and walked over to my side of the bed "How are you feeling..?" I smiled " I'm good..." He kissed me on my head " Well remember bed-rest... Christie said she would come by later... she wants to take the girls somewhere.." Just as Matt was walking away I grabbed his hand " are you doing okay..?" He sat on the edge of the bed " I'm okay. Your fine.. were fine. I'm going to try and see if I can come by later..." I looked at Matt in his eyes                " Baby.. I'm okay!" He looked at me " I know... I just worry!" 

At the firehouse...

Matt walked in and everyone just said hello, and they went on to do their own thing. Brett asked             " How's Gabby.." He laughed " She's Gabby... She's better than I always think." She laughed " That's Gabby for you.." She laughed and walked away. I walked towards the Chief's office, until I saw severide. He stopped me " hey man!" I smiled " hows it going..?" He nodded " Good.. how's Gabby?" I looked at him " She's okay.. so she says.." He looked at me " You remember how you were... with your injury... you didn't clue anyone in.." I thought about it and Severide is right. That is weird because he is right. When does that ever happen? I shrugged " well.. she has an appointment tomorrow.. we will see.." 

That's going to be it for this chapter! I hope you like it!