Crash, not again (Chapter 33)

I was happy to take some time off. I went back for a day, but I knew it was right. It just didn't feel right to me. I know I should have gave it more time, but I was happy. I did what I could. Our shifts were 24 hours long and Matt and I would have to work separately. I would either have to go to another firehouse, or I would have to go back onto the ambulance. I didn't really know what I wanted to do yet. Right now the only thing I could think about is my girls. I wanted to be there for them like my mother was for me. She worked a little bit when Antonio and I were younger, but not a lot of hours. My father always worked. He wanted my mother to stay with us. He wanted her to be able to care for us. I knew Matt wanted the same. Everyone was being so supportive though.

Matt left for work. I was just here at home with the girls. I just loved laying in bed with them. On our days off Matt and I spend a lot of time in bed with the girls. I went down stairs after I put the girls down for their nap. I sat down and turned on the tv. The new flashed on the screen with a emergency news report. The news reporter spoke as I turned the tv up " Breaking News! A plan has suddenly crashed. It's unknown how many fatalities there are at this time." I knew I couldn't panic. I knew what it was like. I had been there on both sides. I was a paramedic and a firefighter. I knew that we had to do our jobs. That included putting ourselves in danger to save others. It was our job. I loved that about us.

I waited two hours and still I heard nothing. I didn't expect Matt to text me and update me. I worried, but we both knew the job. I couldn't be that wife that shows up at the accident scene. I waited two more hours. I had each of the girls in my lap. I didn't hear anything until the news reporter went back on. The tv blared until I turned it back down " Breaking news 15 of the 20 passengers have been rescued and brought to chicago med. We are still unknown about the other five and we are told that a firefighter is down." I panicked because I've seen this before. Casey has been hurt before in the fire. It was part of the job, but it was a little different now. I was a mother and I couldn't think of loosing my husband. I loved him so much and I couldn't be without him. I knew I had to do something. I made a call and called Boden. I dialed and pased back and forth with the twins in my arms " Boden this is Gabby!" He spoke " Gabby, What's wrong?" My voice broke " Is.. I.. Casey okay.." He spoke again " Everythings fine. Were still working." I waited and waited. I was waiting for a total of 5 hours before I heard anything. Severide called me this time. I picked up the phone and my voice stated to crack " is he dead?" Severide spoke " Gabby! Matt's okay! Yeah he's a little banged up, but other than that he's fine." I started to pack the girls into the car and get to the hospital.

I hope you enjoyed this story!

I had to change it up a little bit.

Let me know your thoughts and what

you would like to see next!