Just breathe (Chapter 63)

I never thought I would ever be this happy for Casey to be off from work. It was a little harder now that  we had kids. We had to be such good planners. I always liked to plan, but it was still hard. I always thought that my life would be different. 10 years ago I would have thought that I would have been graduated from med school. That was always a dream of mine. I always thought that being a paramedic would push me to become a doctor. My dreams did change, definitely. I became a firefighter. That was an opportunity I couldn't pass on. Seeing what they do and being a first responder made that a clear goal of mine. I knew that that's where I wanted to be. It was so great for me. I loved and still love being a firefighter. I let that go knowing of how it could affect my children. I knew being paramedic has its risks too, but I wasn't willing to risk it all. 

I just wanted to be home. I just wanted to go through one day without having to worry. I knew what went on so I didn't go completely crazy. Then again knowing the job and having experiencing it, I really do know. I know what it is like. I know the risks we have to take and the things we have to do for the job. When we step into that house we start risking everything. We don't think about ourselves, we think about the ones that we will save. We think about saving everyone that we can. We do everything we can, even if that means getting hurt. The good thing about being pregnant for the second time is that I have done this once before. I know what to expect in some way. They say every birth and pregnancy is different. That is true, but you can still have some way of expecting what is going to happen. 

Casey looked over at me  as I just started to wake up " hey baby... how are you feeling?" I smiled and started to open my eyes " Good.. uh... your son is practicing kick boxing again!" Casey laughed and felt my stomach as he sat down at the side of the bed " that's it!!" I smiled " uh... I just can't wait for this baby to be here.." Casey laughed " you and me both.." I laughed " yeah just be happy your not carrying him around.. well you will be when he's here..." He smiled " hey.. why did we never go to birthing classes.." I laughed  " that's silly... everything we need to know about having a baby.. I know.." He laughed " oh come on.." I smiled " We know plenty.." 

He looked at me " you need to practice your breathing.." I laughed " Matt.. come on.." He gave me his look " Gabby.... just practice." I looked at him " fine.." I practiced my breathing. I thought it was pointless, but I guess it is worth it. 

That's it for this chapter! Thanks for reading it. 

This is something I wanted to explore and I like this idea! Now we are getting closer and closer to the birth of baby boy dawsey! each chapter will be a different week! so get ready!