On our way (Chapter 14)

I was so excited to decorate the twins room. I was never the home decorator at all. I put in my input, but it was always up to Casey. He was the one with the construction business after all. He was the one that did all of the remodels in our house. I just gave him an idea of what I wanted each room to look like. We set everything up. The plan was to have a nursery, but for the first couple weeks we would have a crib station. I wanted my twins to be close to me.

I walked in the room as Casey was setting the crib up. He looked up at me " hey... how are my babies today." I smiled " active.." He laughed " come here.." He had set up a chair for me to sit in. I smiled " so I was thinking.." He looked at me and stood up " yeah.." I smiled " maybe I should take some time from work in a couple weeks." He looked at me " Gabby... I think that would be good." I looked at him " yeah, I know..... I'm already off truck and I just think ambo is getting harder for me. It's not like I can do much. He looked at me " well let's let chief know soon." I put my hand on is shoulder " yeah of course, but maybe I could stay around. I could always stay and cook." He laughed " you know everyone will take you up on that.." I left the room and then poked my head back in the room " Matt.. good job with this. I love you. I walked out as I heard him say love you back to me.

Later that day we went in to work to talk to chief. We walked into his office. I looked at him " hey chief, can we have a minute." He shook his head as Matt closed the door behind us. He looked at us as we sat down " so Gabby was thinking about taking some time off in a couple weeks." Said, Matt. I smiled " yeah, but I was always thinking maybe I could stay on in the kitchen. I don't want to sit at home and be useless yet..." Chief looked at us " ok fine..." I smiled " thanks Chief, I'll stay on for three more weeks."