I wish she was here (Chapter 9)

6 months...

Today I'm exactly six months pregnant. It's all crazy. It just seemed like yesterday that Matt and I met for the first time. This was all a crazy journey. I just love that we both are enjoying this. It was only going to get crazier and harder from here. Today we had another ultrasound. I wasn't really sure If I really wanted to find out the sex of the twins. We woke up and just laid there. I smiled and looked at Casey " we've got another ultrasound.." He smiled back " yeah, this time are we gonna ask about the sex.." I smiled and grabbed his hand " you know, It won't change anything. They will still be our kids either way, boy or girl." He smiled and kissed my hand " you know what your right.."

We went to our ultrasound and got checked in. We waited for the doctor. The doctor came in and gave us an ultrasound. He looked at me " looks good, the heart beats are strong. Baby A is over here and Baby b is over here. That are very healthy." I started to tear up and smile " oh my." Casey smiled " that's great." He looked at us " Gabby, you need to start thinking about slowing down. You shouldn't be doing any lifting. Just take it easy." I smiled " I'll try."

That night we came home and just laid around. I was getting to the point where I was tired more often. Casey looked at me " hey, are you actually going to take things slow.." I smiled " I'm gonna do what I can." He looked at me " Gabby... Boden has us. We have replacements don't risk anything."

That night we went went out to dinner with the whole squad. Everyone was being so supportive. This was one of the first times that I was not that tired. We stayed and just had fun with our family. This was like when Boden and his wife had their baby. It's like were adding to our team. We had so much fun, but then we decided to call it a night. We started to get up as Severide came towards us " hey you two aren't leaving." yelled, Severide. Casey smiled and looked at me " yeah sorry... were both tired." I smiled " yeah. Good night everyone, see you tomorrow."

We got and headed to our bedroom. We just chatted for hours. This was something that we haven't done in months. We were always just tired and busy. I sat up and looked at Matt " you know what." He looked at me " What's that.." I started to tear up " I miss Shay, especially in times like this..." Matt grabbed my hand " come here..." I laid against him, in his arms as he comforted me " She would be so happy. She would be the twins aunt." I smiled. I knew she was still the twins aunt. We went to sleep.

hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

I have so many ideas! I'll say one thing, I'm going to continue to explore this shay gabby story in gabbys pov of course.