Father House (Chapter 19)

This chapter is in Chief Boden's perspective!

I've been a Chief for over 20 years. I've seen it all. I've been in every position you can think of. I started where all of my own are. I was a candidate, then a simple firefighter, and even a lieutenant. Each of these has played a role in my life, but the most important role is the father. I'm a father. I'm a father to everyone. I'm the father to my son, and to my people at 51. I just value them all. I want to protect them all. I have to discipline them and protect them, but nothing changes there.

When we hired Gabriella Dawson, she was just so different. She has really grown. She started out as a paramedic for us. Now, she's working as a firefighter. We like to put her in the ambo every once in a while though. She's just has so much talent. She can really do it all. As the father of the house, I'm so proud. I'm proud that she's becoming a mother. I've watched her grow almost like she was a little girl. In a way, she was. I arrived at the hospital with the rest of 51. My job was just to be there. She was there for me when my baby boy was going through a rough patch. I had to be there for her for that, but mostly because she needed a second father there. She has her family, but she needed the rest there too. I sat down next to Casey as everyone else just stood off to the side. I looked at him " hey case... hows she doing?" He looked at me " i.. dunno Chief.. I don't know if everything going to be okay. He started to get emotional. I understood everything. He didn't know if his family would be okay. I looked at him " Casey.... I know this is scary, but you have to get back in there. Gabby needs you. We need you to make sure your babies are okay. We need you in there." Casey went back in there. I knew that I was getting through, and this was just another part of the job.