What went wrong... (Chapter 54)

This chapter is written in the perspective of Matt Casey. 

The paramedics arrived and I didn't know what to do. I opened the door and they walked into our house " It's my wife.... she's over here" They walked over to the table where Gabby was laying. She had blood on her thighs and her legs were just covered in blood. I started to stare at her stomach " She's pregnant... could this be a miscarriage? oh god..." The paramedic looked at me as tears started to drip down my face  " Were not doctors sir....." The other paramedic interrupted " It... it's possible.. how far along is she?" I looked at her " 22 weeks!" They started to move Gabby. They put her on the backboard. She was now unconscious because of the blood she was loosing. They put her on oxygen. Sylvie came over to watch the twins while I went to the hospital. I wasn't going to let her be alone. I wasn't going to let anything happen to my girl. 

We arrived at the hospital and the doctors were outside waiting. Paramedics filled in the doctors             " Gabriella dawson, 22 weeks pregnant, She's lost a lot of blood." The doctor approached her " Ok lets get her to ER bay 3!" I watched them move her to the ER bay. I just followed them and stood by her side. The doctor looked at me " I'm sorry who are you..." I looked at him " Lieutenant Casey... That's my wife!" He looked at me " Well were going to work on your wife... nurse take him to the waiting room." I looked at him " I can't leave her!" He looked at me " We need room! We will get you when we know more." I went to the waiting room and I spotted that cops brother. It was Will Halstead. We met a couple different times, but it wasn't like we knew each other. He saw me and walked by me. He looked at me " Oh sir... you look oddly familiar.." I looked at him " Your detective Halstead's brother.." He looked at me and sat down " Yeah... oh your the lieutenant!" I smiled " yeah!" He looked at me " You okay?" I looked at him and knew he could get me in there somehow " well... no.. my.. wife she's in there. She lost a lot of blood.. and i don't know about the baby!" He looked at me  " hey man... don't worry... I'll go get you and update. 

It was an hour and still there was nothing. Even Will was gone. I was just here alone. I didn't know anything. It was killing me. I couldn't help, but imagine the worst. As soon as I close my eyes, Severide comes running in the ER. He looked at me as I sat there with my head in my palms " What happened, Matt!!?" I looked at him as my eyes were teary " Gabby.... she was bleeding... I don't know!" He looked at me and hugged me " aww... man! she will be okay." I just looked at him and didn't say anything. I couldn't believe all of this. I wanted my girl to be okay, but also our baby. He looked at me " It's Dawson! She will be okay." Just as I looked at the door, the doctors came out. Will looked at us and updated us. I think he thought that it would be best that the news came from hi. He sat down in front of us " She's okay... There were minor complications. Gabby had a placental abruption." I looked at him " is she gonna be okay.." He looked at me " She will be just be fine.... We gave her a blood transfusion. You can take her home... just know that she's on bed rest until she stops bleeding." 

We were planning on keeping Gabby as safe as possible. She wasn't going back to work and may not go back to work until the baby is born. 

Thanks for reading! 

I hope you all enjoyed this story! This is the dark path I choose to take. Let me know what you think. Gabby is leaving the firehouse for the time being. I think bedrest is an interesting choice. Still let me know what you think and your ideas. It adds so much and is great appreciated. Thanks for all your support!!