Prologue

I am a test subject in a laboratory. Whether this laboratory is a secret, I don't know. No one will tell me anything. I don't know if any other humans exist besides the ones in this laboratory. I don't even know if I am human.

Even though no one will tell me anything, I still trust them. The only people I know are the people in this laboratory. Out of everyone I know, I trust the doctors, nurses, and scientists. I don't know many of the other test subjects. I don't have to trust other test subjects. They are all the same as me. Nobody will tell them anything, either. We test subjects are just test subjects in the first place.

I used wish I knew what it meant to be human, as I don't really know. Human seems to be someone living. It at least seems that way after being here since I started to live. I have heard the scientists talk about "humans" before.

I used to wonder what is outside of the laboratory. There is no place for me to see out, so I have no idea what it looks like. I have wondered if there even is anything outside of the laboratory.

I used wish I was learning things daily. I did learn daily in the past, but that ended long ago. What I was learning was how to speak, walk, and basic things like that. Even if it was more basic things, I would be fine.

I wish to leave this place. I want to see what is out there. It seems there must be something, as I heard the scientists talking about a place they referred to as "the society." I wish to go there, even if it is uninhabited. I just hope "the society" isn't in the laboratory.

I have wished I knew more, but as I said, no one will tell me anything. Everything I know could be false. All I know for sure is that I am Test Subject #9536.

AN: So that was the prologue. So what do you think? Is it good so far? If you liked it, consider commenting or voting on it.

So I plan on working on this story and Futuristic "Utopia." Somehow... It didn't go that well with writing Kaitlyn's Story and Futuristic "Utopia" at the same time.... but I'll make it work somehow.