Chapter 33

Jellal and Erza had spent the day exploring Magnolia. At some point, they ran into Wendy and a group of kids around her age, maybe a year older.

"Jellal!" Wendy exclaimed, jumping on his back. Jellal chuckled, and Erza pulled her down and set her on her feet.

"What's up, Wendy?" The redhead asked, smiling at the little girl.

"Romeo and the others are taking me around town for the day! Oh, and there's a surprise at a bar called Fairy Tail." She added, smiling brightly. Jellal nodded and patted her head.

"Alright, be safe, okay? Here's a little bit of cash to get something. And offer to get Romeo something for showing you around." Jellal said, handing her a little bit of money from his wallet. Wendy nodded, hugged Jellal and Erza once more before running off with Romeo and five other kids.

"Hey, I think there's a gym around here. Supposed to be a good one, too." Erza said, tugging on his hand. Jellal smiled and followed her.

Erza led Jellal to a small looking gym around the corner. She pushed the door open and they walked in, the smell of sweat, dust and slight blood hit them in complete contrast to the clean air from outside.

"This is a nice place." Erza commented. Jellal nodded and looked around the equipment.

"I actually like it better then the one at home." He said, looking at the different machines. Erza nodded and looked over at the sparing mat. Jellal followed her gaze and then met her eye.

"Are you thinking what I am?" She asked, raising a brow. Jellal smirked and nodded, both of them walking over to be edge of the mat. Jellal pulled off his jacket and dropped it on the ground, kicking off his boots. Erza did the same, for some reason she only had a tank top on under her jacket, and she pulled off her jeans, leaving her in a pair of spandex shorts.

"Should we make this a little more interesting?" Jellal asked, stepping into the mat. Erza raised a brow and stepped in after him.

"How so?" She asked, taking her stance on one side. Jellal shrugged, mirroring her on the other side.

"If you win, you have to buy both of our gifts for Wendy by tomorrow." Jellal answered, raising a brow for her answer.

"And if you win?" Erza asked.

"I'll tell my parents about us." He said seriously. Erza looked shocked and stared at him for a moment.
"Well? Do we have a deal, Ms. Scarlet?" Jellal asked, smirking now.

"I believe we do, Mr. Fernandes." The redhead said. Jellal nodded and paused for a moment.

Erza lashed out, aiming a kick to his stomach. Jellal moved to the side, grabbing her ankle and twisting her leg, making her loose her footing. She landed on her front, and tried to kick out at his feet. He jumped up, dodging her foot. Erza jumped up and readied herself.
Jellal moved quickly, aiming for two punches, one for her arm and one for her stomach. He landed one on her arm, but she moved enough to trap his arm between her side and own arm. She smirked and threw him to the ground. Jellal had the wind knocked out of him, but he kicked his leg out, making Erza fall on top of him.

"I think I win." She said, blushing slightly at the close contact. Jellal chuckled weakly and pushed Erza off his chest and rolled over her, trapping her under him.

"I think I win actually." He smirked down at her, not missing how her face turned red like her beautiful hair. He'd known her for years, when they were kids they were best friends and would play all the time. But when Jellal turned nineteen, his father started looking for a possible wife. Jellal had never agreed to an arranged marriage, and most of the women he choose were only after them for money.