Chapter 32

Juvia and Gray had been walking around town once they left Ember and Zoltan's apartment after seeing Igneel. Well, more like Juvia had been dragging Gray around town.

"Gray, would you like to get something to eat?" Juvia asked, pulling him from his train-wreak thoughts.

"Uh... Sure, if you want." He shrugged, suddenly missing his shirt and jacket.

"GRAY YOUR CLOTHES!" Juvia shouted, throwing both back at him.

"SHIT!" He shouted, quickly pulling on his pants. He grew up in the cold, so he was never really bothered by it.
"Sorry about that." He muttered, crossing his arms over his, still bare, chest.

"It's fine. I understand. C'mon, lets go." Juvia smiled, tugging sweetly on his arm towards the busy street. The two found a nice restaurant to sit and eat lunch at.

"So, what do you want to do today?" Juvia asked, taking a drink of her water. Gray shrugged, scratching his cheek.

"What'd you want to do?" He asked. Juvia also shrugged and looked slightly nervous, glancing around the restaurant.
"You okay? You seen nervous." He commented.

"Can... can I ask you something?" She asked. He looked a little confused but nodded. "Are you planning on staying in Magnolia?" She felt silly for asking him.

"Well, my parents are gone. I've got no reason to go back to the north, and I've got every reason to stay here." He stated.

"What reasons?" She asked, brightening up slightly and smiling at him.

"Well, Fairy Tail is my family now. And I'm glad I've found it, especially someone." He said, smirking at placing a hand over hers on the table. Juvia blushed red, which was an extreme contrast to her usually pale skin.

"So, what do you want to do today?" Gray asked as their food came and they began eating.

"Well I'm not sure. What would you like to do?" Juvia asked. Gray shrugged again and they ate, talking and joking throughout lunch. Once they were finished and paid, Juvia dragged Gray around town again.

Juvia stopped, squealing slightly when she saw a group of people ahead of them in part of the park.

"What is it?" Gray asked, stoping next to her and looking at the small crowd.

"C'mon! I'll show you!" She didn't bother giving him an explanation and pulled him towards the crowd. A large sign was above an entrance to a frozen over pond were people were moving gracefully around over the top.

"Ice skating? This is what you were excited about?" Gray questioned. He'd spent his fair share of time on the ice, and he hated it most of the time. Juvia loved to go ice skating, which was odd because she loved the ocean as well as ice.

"I love ice skating! I would assume you know how to skate." She said, walking up to the extremely bored looking man who was renting out ice skates.

"Why would you assume that?" He grumbled, handing the guy some cash for his own skates and for Juvia's.

"Because you grew up in the north. And there's always ice hockey. A few of my friends love the sport and play all the time." She answered simply. She kicked off her boots and slipped on the skates, and waiting for him.

"My cousins and I played for fun. We weren't good enough to play on a league." He answered, doing the same and following her towards the entrance. Juvia was quick to get on the ice, almost immediately spinning in circles and doing stretches that had Gray hurting in places, by just watching.

"Well?" Juvia called over to him, still spinning in a circle. Gray rolled his eyes and took a step on the ice, almost instantly he felt joy flowing through him. He smiled a little as he skated over to Juvia. She grinned brightly and stood perfectly balanced on the ice.