Chapter 8

The next day, Gajeel, Natsu, Happy, Lily and Lucy walked down the street towards the gym Gajeel found yesterday.

"Alright, this is our last day here." Lucy said and fixed her hair. Natsu grabbed her hand and smiled at her.

"You look great Luce! Just trust yourself." He smiled again and they reached the gym.

"Don't mention me, just say yer a friend or somethin' like that." Gajeel said, Lucy nodded and they walked in.

"Ah. Mr. Redfox, back so soon." The lady at the front smiled at him. He nodded pushed past the door with Natsu, Happy and Lily. Lucy walked up behind them and rolled her eyes.

"Gee, not much for conversation are they?" She smiled and the lady smiled back.

"How can I help you miss?" She asked kindly, nodding slightly at her comment about the boys.
"I was wondering if I could speak with Mr. Weisslogia and Mr. Skiadrum." Lucy asked sweetly, throwing in a sweet smile.

"I'm sorry, but Mr. Weisslogia and Mr. Skiadrum are not in today. They left last night for an urgent meeting. I could take a message if you'd like?" The woman smiled and grabbed a pen to start writing if Lucy would leave a message.

"Oh, no it's fine. Thank you anyways." Lucy smiled and looked at the door, seeing it shut silently. She smirked and turned to leave when she heard a crash and shouting from the other room. The other lady got up and ran to see what was happening, Lucy saw a glimpse of Natsu standing over Gajeel who was sitting in some broken workout thing. He winked at her before turning to the fuming woman who walked in. Lucy grinned at him and ran to the office door on the other side. She got in and shut the door behind her, shutting out the shouting and began her search for anything even relating to McGarden. She found multiple letters on the desk and almost screamed when she saw the name of the sender.

"Levy." She breathed a sigh of relief and unfolded the letter, almost dropping it at the first paragraph.

"Weisslogia, you cannot imagine the relief of your last correspondence. I await to meet you and your sons, along with Skiadrum, Rogue and Froshe. It has been far too long since we last spoke in person, and I hope to see you much more in the future. What with the marriage and all."

Lucy had to sit down to read the rest of the letter. She probably would've fallen over, or passed out. She couldn't tell Gajeel about this, it would break his heart, and possible kill him to know about this. But, what kind of friend would she be if she didn't tell him? He would probably hate her for keeping something this big away from her.

"I have recently discovered my daughter has been frequenting a bar in town, called Fairy Tail. I have heard rumor the owner, Makarov, keeps wayward souls under his care and treats them as his own. I'm sure he will take you in when you arrive, the bar is surprisingly clean and should suit you well. Anyways, I have no fear of my daughter spending her time there, and you shouldn't fear your sons or the other brothers there either. Now, I will not press this marriage on her more then I have to. It will be up to Sting to woo her and have her fall in love with him over the short period of time. I'm sorry if this is rushed, but she is growing restless and I am afraid she might do something she will regret. Like running off and trying to find that Redfox boy."

Lucy could practically hear the venom in his words at the mention of Gajeel. She was in a battle of her own, fighting the tears that threatened to spill over and ruin the neat handwriting on the paper. She took a deep breath before continuing.

"Either way, I anxiously await your arrival. My wife and I will greet you with open arms, and hopefully we will become one family.
~Jonathan McGarden

Lucy felt sick after reading that letter. She felt sad, angry, and just generally sick. She looked at all the other letters addressed from Mr. McGarden. She grabbed the three most recent ones, hoping that they would give some clue to where they are. She could hear the lady from the front shouting at someone, probably Natsu and the others. She cracked open the door to see Happy sitting with the lady, probably working some sort of young man charm. He caught her look form the door and said something to make the lady laugh.

"Hey, is do you think I can get something to drink?" He asked kindly, giving her an adorable smile.

"Of course." She smiled and got up to walk down the hall. When she was out of sight, Lucy made a break for it and ran out the front door with Happy at her heels.

"You may be sixteen, but you have the charm of a gentleman and a little boy combined." Lucy said, grinning down at him as they ran to meet the others a few blocks away.

"Thanks. Your pretty cool sometimes too. When your not blabbering about something." He smirked at her and ran a head to hide behind Natsu and she waved her fist in the air after him.

"Enough of that Blondie, did ya find anything?" Gajeel questioned, stopping her by grabbing her shoulders. She panicked for a second before Natsu stepped in and pushed him back.

"Back off man, give her a chance to catch her breath. Besides, it's getting late and we need to eat." Natsu said, standing between Gajeel and Lucy.

"Fine. We can talk at the hotel." Gajeel grumbled and started walking back towards the hotel. Lily sighed and followed after him. Happy walked behind Lily, Lucy and Natsu walking behind him.

"Hey, thanks for stepping in. I don't think I have the heart to tell him." Lucy said quietly, looking at the ground as she walked. Natsu stopped and pulled her into a hug, taking the chance to breath in her scent. She sighed and wrapped her arms around him and held tight, balling the back of his shirt in her fists. "

"I-it's horrible. What Levy's dad is doing." She muttered, trying to fight the tears.

"You don't have to talk about it right now. For now, just say you couldn't find anything." Natsu said calmly, rubbing her back soothingly. After a few minutes, Lucy felt anther pair of arms wrap around her. She sniffed and looked down at see Happy.

"Please don't cry, Lucy. We don't like it when our friends cry." He said, looking up at her with big onyx eyes, matching his older brother. She sniffed again and whipped her eyes, looking down at the blue haired teen.

"It's fine. I'm alright now, it's Gajeel I'm worried about." She said quietly, looking at the raven haired man standing with Lily, in what looks like a heated conversation.

"Why? What's wrong?" Natsu asked. "Is Levy alright? She's still safe right?" He pressed and put his hands on her shoulders. Lucy nodded and took a deep breath.

"Her fathers arranged a marriage. With Sting Eucliffe."