Chapter 17

Once Natsu, Happy and Lucy had been informed of the change in plans, Gajeel left to let Lily know about the groups plans. He walked in on the old man sleeping and sighed. Should I wake him up to tell him? Or should I just come back later? He thought for a moment before Lily started stirring.

"You gonna stand in the door all day? Or you gonna tell me what your doing here?" He growled and sat up, crossing his arms over his chest, and leaning back against the headboard. Gajeel walked over and stood by the bed, also crossing his arms, scowling, despite he news he had gotten.

"We're leaving sooner then expected. Titana and Tattoo boy told us that she's never been in this town, or in Onibus. Jellal and the brat are joining us on this endeavor as well." Gajeel informed the older man. Lily was quite for what seemed like an eternity, before he started struggling to get out of bed. Gajeel pushed him back down gently, shaking his head. "You ain't comin with us, old man." He said sternly.

"Since when did you start givin me orders?" Lily grumbled and laid back down.

"When I grew up." Gajeel said quietly, turning to leave.

"Ha! Like that'll ever happen." Lily smirked at his back and grabbed the glass of water by his bed. Gajeel smirked at nothing in front of him and left Lily to get ready to leave.

Natsu and Lucy had been trying to convince Happy to clean up at least a little bit before they started out again. He kept saying that his smell wasn't that bad, and that he wasn't hurting no one.

"Happy, you haven't bathed in days!" Lucy exclaimed. Happy sat on the bed and stubbornly shook his head pouting.

"Happy, if you don't bathe, I will not hesitate to put you in a box and send you back home." Natsu threatened. Happy shook his head again, knowing it was just a threat. Natsu growled and pulled Lucy out of the room. "Damn. I was sure that would work." He sighed and rubbed hit face.

"Maybe Gajeel could scare him into a bath." Lucy suggested. Natsu sighed and tried to think of something else.

"Hey! Salamander, we're leaving soon! Get ready or else I'm leavin ya!" They heard Gajeel shout from his room down the hall. Natsu groaned and walked back into his room.

"Happy, I will literally pay you to take a bath." He growled, reaching into his wallet.

"I want fish." Happy said. The older boy froze before groaning again and sighed.

"Fine. I'll get you some fish on the train. Deal?" Happy shouted yes and jumped his older brother, then ran to the bathroom to clean up. "Well, that was easier then I thought it would be." Natsu rubbed the back of his neck and sighed, grabbing Happy's bag and started tossing in his younger brothers few possessions.

"So, Natsu. Can I ask you something?" Lucy spoke up from the doorway. He glanced over his shoulder and nodded, walking over to his pack and grabbing a cleaner shirt. "Wh-what are you doing?" She stuttered and looked away, hiding her blush.

"Uh, changing. What'd you need, Luce?" Natsu asked, shedding his shirt completely and tossing the dirty shirt back into his pack.

"W-well, I-I was just going to ask you why your helping Gajeel like this." She said, looking out the window instead of directly at him.

"Well, because Levy was one of my best friends too. Same with my sister, and before Levy and MetalHead started goin out, she and my sister were basically attached at the hip. And I figured I might as well try and find Ember, and try to convinced her to come home." He finished quietly. He walked over to the window and leaned his weight on the frame. Lucy tried to not focus on his well toned and muscled back.

"Well, why did she leave in the first place?" Lucy asked, standing next to him. She sat on the edge of the frame and looked at his face. There was something different in his look, it wasn't the same fun loving, happy-go-lucky young man she normally saw. Instead it was a young man that seemed like he had lost something to him.

"I have no idea. One day I woke up, dad told me to get her up for training, so I went to her room to get her. Instead, I found an empty room, empty closet, open window, and a note on the bed for me, dad and Happy." He sighed and took a deep breath, closing his eyes.

"Dear Dad, Natsu and Happy. I'm sorry for leaving this way. But, I have some things I have to think about. And I know what you would say, that I can talk to you about it, about anything. But this is something I don't know how to explain, and I don't think you would understand it even if I could. I just want you to know, that none of you did anything to push me away, and that I love you all.

I'm not going to say where I'm going, mostly because I don't even know where I'll end up. In all honesty though, I can't wait! I feel like this is the adventure I've been dying to find, Natsu you know I've been looking for my next adventure.
You really have no idea how hard this is to do, to write instead of talking. But, this ways better, because then you won't try to convince me to stay. Happy, I want to you stay out of trouble while I'm gone. Listen to dad and Natsu. Even Gajeel, Lily and Levy. And don't be afraid about Carla, I know you'll figure something out.

Natsu, please, try not to destroy any bars or the gym when you fight Gajeel or anyone. I know your strong, but that doesn't always mean you can win a fight. You prove your strength when you are able to admit your defeat and when your at a lose. And even more when you let something, or someone, go. Just remember, just like Lisanna said when she left, were always together, and as long as you remember that, there's nothing you can't do.

Dad, please don't send anyone after me. I want to go, I want to see more then just Oak Town. I want to live my own life, and get out of fighting for a while. Don't worry, I'll stay safe. Keep Happy and Natsu out of trouble for me, 'kay? I'm gonna miss you guys. A strong man, stands up for himself. A stronger man, stands up for others. I want you all to remember that, especially you, Happy.
I love you. Ember."

Lucy stared at Natsu in shock. Her eyes widened as she noticed a small glint on his cheek. Before she knew what was happening, she reached over and wiped his face, and hugged him tightly. She felt another pair of arms wrap around her waist and she looked at see Happy with his head buried in Natsu side.

"Listen. We'll find her. Even if we have to split from Gajeel, I swear, I'll help you find your sister." Lucy said softly, smiling when Natsu nodded and tightened his grip on her.

"We can't leave until we find Levy though." Natsu muttered.

"Well. We'll search for your sister once we find Levy. Now, Happy finish getting dressed, Natsu put a shirt on and I'll meet you downstairs. You can sleep on the train, I know I will." Lucy muttered and Happy ran off to find a shirt and a pair of shorts. Natsu grabbed his clean shirt and pulled it over his head. Lucy was about to walk away after throwing one last smile at him, before he caught her wrist and gently pulled her back to him.

"Why were you stuttering before you asked your question?" He questioned her. Her cheeks burned up again and she tried to look away and pry her wrist from his hand.

"I-I don't know what y-your talking about." She said and tried to push him away. He raised a brow and put his hand to her forehead.

"Hey, you got a fever or somethin Luce?" He asked. Lucy's cheeks burned even more as she pushed him away from her.

"No! Just, go finish getting ready!" She exclaimed, pushing his chest and barely moving him an inch. He chuckled and did as she told him, allowing her to leave.