Chapter 14

"Levy!" The small bluenette was greeted once again as she entered the bar. She waved at everyone as she passed and walked up to sit next to Sting and his brother, Lector, at the bar, ordering her usual.

"So, I hear there's a fair comin in town next weekend." Sting started. "We should go, it sounds like fun." He smiled down at her.

"Sure! It does sound fun!" She smiled up at him and the two started started talking about random things mostly.

"Ember, you really should stay home today." Levy turned to see a very pregnant Ember sitting at a table with Zoltan, Laxus, Bickslow and Lisanna, Elfman and Evergreen.

"I told you, I can't stay cooped up all day. I've been stuck at home for the past three days!" She exclaimed. ".....Mostly because I couldn't reach my feet." She muttered under her breath, making everyone around her laugh. Levy smiled and got up, running over to her friend.

"Ember!" She exclaimed, hugging her from behind.

"Oh, hey Levy." Ember smiled and didn't even bother trying to turn around.

"Wow. Already, what six months? Your so big! I didn't think you'd be this big with one baby." Levy said, sitting next to her and smiled brightly.

"I know. We have an appointment in a few hours. Giving me a perfect reason to stop by for a bit. That, and also I threatened to slap him silly if he didn't let me." she added quietly, making Levy giggle.

"So. I need to ask you a question." Levy started quietly. Ember set down her pen and paper looked at her. She nodded and leaned against the back of the bench she was on. "Have...have you heard anything from Oak Town?" She asked hesitantly. Ember sighed and shook her head.

"Why the sudden interest?" She asked her small friend. Levy sighed and glanced over her shoulder at Sting who was sitting with Lector, Rouge and Frosch.

"It's just... it's been almost two years since I left. Your turning twenty-six this year, and your already close to six months pregnant. You say that the others are com-" she stopped herself short and looked down at her hands. Ember sighed and struggled to her feet, pulling Levy with her.

"Hey, where do you think your going?" Zoltan asked.

"Oh, don't worry about it, thunderbird. Levy and I just need to talk about something." Ember smiled sweetly at her boyfriend before pulling Levy upstairs to a private room and locking the door behind them. She sat down on the bed while Levy paced around the room in front of her.

"Arg! Why am I still thinking of him?!" Levy exclaimed, wringing out her hands.

"Levy, your a smart girl. I'm surprised it's taken you this long to realize it." Ember chuckled and rubbed her swollen belly.

"R-realize what?"

"Hon, your in love. I figured after, what five or six years, you would've figured it out. I mean, you dated close to five years." Ember shook her head and chuckled again.

"W-well maybe he doesn't actually feel the same way. Maybe that's why he never came." Levy sighed and plopped down next to Ember and rested her head on her shoulder. Ember wrapped her arm around her shoulders and pressed her cheek to her hair.

"I said they were comin, didn't I? It's not like Natsu and I have some magic ability to allow us to talk to each other over this distance."

"Like telepathy?" Levy giggled. Ember smiled and nodded.

"Sure. Like that. Maybe it's just a twin thing we have, I dunno. But, I can tell that he's coming, and if Natsu's coming, then I have no doubt that Gajeel will follow." She shrugged. "Hey, Z and I were talkin about going to Hargeon for a few days. You should come with us." She offered. Levy gave her a small smile before shaking her head.