Chapter 11

A shot rang out through the neighborhood. Gajeel didn't even have the time to blink, Jose had his own gun out, but it wasn't pointed at him. It was pointed behind him.

"G-Gajeel." He heard Lily croak out behind him. His black shirt was growing darker by the minute, his eyes were slowly glassing over. Gajeel caught him just as he was about to fall, shouting at him to stay awake.

"Don't you dare leave us. Not now, you hear me old man?! YOU CANT LEAVE!" Gajeel shouted. He turned to face Jose, murder in his eye as he grabbed Lily's gun.

"Lucy, take Happy and get Lily to the hospital. We'll meet you there when we're done here." Natsu said, looking at the two.

"No way! I wanna stay here with you!" Happy exclaimed.

"Happy!" Gajeel snapped, glaring over his shoulder. "For once in your fucking life, do as your brother says!" He shouted, making Happy jump and hide behind Lucy. Happy looked on the verge of tears, but ran to Lily nonetheless, gently picking the injured man up. Lucy quickly hugged Natsu before running over to help Happy with Lily. Natsu watched his little brother and his, already, best friend run to find a hospital.

"Now. Let's put these bastards in the hospital too." He said, cracking his knuckles, standing next to his friend.

"Oh, I don't plan on that." Gajeel growled, checking Lily's gun without taking his eyes off of Jose, who hadn't changed his expression, aside from paling ever so slightly. The two younger men could see the slightest hint of fear flashing through his dark eyes.

"What are you idiots just standing there for?!" Jose shouted over his shoulder. "GET THEM!" He shoved a few of his followers towards Natsu and Gajeel. Gajeel hardly moved, he struck them both down with one hit, while Natsu ran forwards, kicking three down. Now the rest of the Phantom Lord gang had charged the two. Gajeel normally would've had a bored expression on his face, but there was a look in his eye that no one, not even his own parents, had ever seen. And it chilled Jose to the core.

Gajeel ducked under three punches, kicked one man in the gut, and grabbing his foot, swinging him around, taking out the other two before throwing him on to three others, knocking them to the ground. He could see Natsu out of the corner of his eye, easily knocking out two at a time.

"I'm shocked at you, Jose." Gajeel growled, walking towards the cowering man. "And I'm disappointed." He added, turning to kick another mans head to the ground. "Lets add slightly offended to the list. You could've at least brought Aria or Totomaru. Hell, Sol woulda been a better challenge then any of these assholes you brought." He glared down at the man before him, the look of absolute murder never left Gajeel's eyes.

"G-Gajeel. Let's be reasonably. I can get you anything you want!" Jose said, trying not to run away. Gajeel grabbed the front of his shirt, and pulled him off his feet and putting the gun point under his chin.

"Keep talkin." He growled. When Jose didn't day anything, he pushed the gun further, breaking the skin.

"Gajeel! We don't have time for this! I can hear the cops coming!" Natsu exclaimed, putting his foot down on one mans chest to keep him from crawling away.

"A-any information you want! Just-just let me go!" Jose pleaded.

"Damn. What the hell happened to Jose Porla, the man who took shit from no one. Leader of one of the biggest gangs in it only Oak Town, but also probably around the who kingdom." He growled, threatening to pull the trigger. "Aside from my old man, you were one of the biggest names." he scowled and let out an almost animalistic growl. "Now, your coming with us. And your not going anywhere, until I get the answers I want, got it?!" He snapped, shaking Jose. Jose nodded frantically before Gajeel turned to look at Natsu. The pink haired man nodded before grabbing his scarf which had come loose during the 'fight'. Gajeel turned to Jose before putting Lily's gun under the waistband of his jeans before pulling his arm back and knocking Jose out with one hit.

"C'mon. We can dump him somewhere then go see Lily." Natsu said as the ran down an alleyway.

Gajeel carried Jose over his shoulder and couldn't care less if he hit his head or anything.

"No. You check on the old man, I'll talk care of this bastard." Gajeel said and they stopped after a safe distance from the fight.

"Are you sure? I mean, you could hardly take him down last time. What makes you think you'll be able to handle him now?" He questioned.

"I'll handle it, just go check on Lily." Gajeel said before turning to go down o alley while Natsu would go down another. "And tell your little brother I'm sorry for snapping." He said quietly before running down the alley, leaving Natsu alone. 'I've got to deal with this on my own'. Gajeel thought to himself.

•••••••••••••••••••Natsu••••••••••••••••••••••

It wasn't long before Natsu reached the hospital. He walked up to the front desk and asked for Pantherlily. She told him he was in surgery, and could wait with the others. He nodded and walked to the elevators and pressed the button for floor Three. He walked down the hall to room 307 and knocked, the door opened to revile a red-eyed Lucy. She cried and jumped on him, hugging him tightly. Natsu sighed and walked inside the room, shutting the door behind him. He sat down on the bed and held Lucy while she cried on his shoulder. Happy crawled up next to him and laid his head in his lap, staring blankly at the ceiling.

"Natsu, what's gonna happen to Lily?" Happy asked, his voice wavering slightly.

"Some of the best doctors and surgeons are here in Oshibana. I'm sure he'll be fine." It was like Natsu was trying to convince himself rather then the other two. Eventually Lucy started to relax and her breathing evened out. Natsu looked down at her and sighed, then noticed Happy was asleep as well.

"Well, I guess I'm on the floor." He muttered to himself and carefully moved Lucy back so he could get Happy into one of the chairs. Once Happy was in a chair, Natsu moved to get Lucy into the other chair. When he tried to pull back, Lucy had a death grip on his shirt, and he didn't want to wake her up in order to get away. He sighed for what felt like the hundredth time in the last hour and a half, and gently lifted Lucy enough to sit in the chair himself and Lucy in his lap, with her legs over the side of the chair. She whimpered slightly before nuzzling closer into Natsu's chest. He closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Voices woke the pink haired man a few hours later. Natsu woke up to see doctors and nurses placing Lily into the bed, tubes and wires connected to a heart monitor and to the pain killers. Natsu slowly eased Lucy back down in the chair and he walked out I to the hall with Lily's main doctors.

"So? How is he?" Natsu asked, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall.

"He is stable. We were able to remove the bullet, that luckily missed anything major. He's under a heavy sedative and should wake up sometime late tomorrow." The doctor looked at his clipboard. "He's an older gentleman, so his body will take slightly longer for him to recover, but given time and rest. He should make a full recover." He smiled and Natsu let out a relieved sigh.

"Good. Gajeel will be happy to hear." He said quietly before looking in the window at the three sleeping forms.

"Well, I'll let you get back to your friends. Call me if he needs anything or if he wakes up tonight." Natsu nodded and the doctor walked down away. The pink haired man sighed once again and walked back into the room quietly.

"How is he?" Natsu turned to see Lucy, sitting up in the chair with wide eyes, bright with worry. Natsu sat down and put his back against her chair.

"Doc said he should make a full recovery. Old man should wake up sometime later tomorrow." He said quietly, glancing over at his sleeping brother. Lucy sighed and wrapped her arms around Natsu's shoulders, resting her chin on his shoulder. He leaned his head against hers and closed his eyes.

"Get some rest. I'll stay up and keep an eye on them." She whispered in his ear. He nodded and let his head fall back and his eyes closed.