Chapter 27

Throughout the night Ember woke with more contractions. Everyone but the Dragneel boys left for their hotel rooms. Lily and Gajeel brought over Zoltan and Embers bags to their room before going back to their own rooms.

"I think we should stay. At least until the kids born." Gajeel said, walking with his arms crossed behind his head as he and Lily went back to their hotel. Lily raised a brow and looked at him, smirking slightly.

"Oh really? Is that so? Well, is there anyway I could convince you otherwise?" He smirked. Gajeel glared at his long time friend before rolling his eyes.

"Even if I wanted to, probably not." He grumbled and stuffed his hands in his pockets. Lily chuckled and didn't say anything else. They walked into their hotel room, Jellal, Lily, Gajeel and Gray took one room while Erza, Lucy, Wendy and Juvia took their own room. The boys walked in to see the girls hanging out in their room.

"I'm going to bed." Gajeel grumbled and walked into the bedroom, throwing himself on the bed and falling asleep.

Zoltan woke up to hear Ember groaning in pain. Natsu had taken Happy to get a midnight snack at the cafeteria.
"Z...Z something's happening." She groaned and turned on her side. He went to her side and called their doctor to their room.

"How many hours?" He asked, taking her hand.

"About twelve hours. Maybe thirteen?" She guessed.

"Alright. That seems about right." He said. Porlyusica walked in and made sure Ember was alright.

"Oh my. Well, your at ten centimeters." She said.

"Wait what?!" Ember exclaimed. "No no no no. I can't be there yet!" She groaned and threw her head back on the pillow. Zoltan held her hand tightly and brushed her hair back from her eyes.

"Sweetheart, you need to calm down. Our baby is coming, and I'll be right there with you." He smiled. She gave him a pained smile and he kissed her cheek as Porlyusica called in others to take Ember to the delivery room.

"You need to tell Natsu and Happy." She said. He nodded and ran out, almost running into Happy.

"Natsu! It's happening, I-I'm gonna be a father!" Zoltan exclaimed, almost jumping up and down.

"No way! Well, can we go see her?! Is she alright?!" Natsu demanded.

"She's being taken to the delivery room. She'll be fine, but I gotta go be with her right now." He said and ran off, back the way Ember went. Happy stood next to his brother, throughly confused.

"Natsu? What's goin on?" He asked. Natsu looked at his little brother with the biggest grin he had ever seen.

"We're gonna be uncles soon." He said proudly.

"I'm not late, am I?" They both turned to see Laxus, crossing his arms over is chest.

"Hello!" A white haired girl popped up behind him, smiling and waving her hand.

"She just went into labor." Natsu said, turning to face him and her. "Who's your friend?" He asked, smiling at the girl.

"Mirajane. She's from back home, wanted to come along." Laxus said, crossing his hands behind his back, secretly taking Mira's hand.

"Alright, I need to tell the others, can you stay here with Happy?" Natsu asked.

"Sure. Whatever." Laxus shrugged and he and Mira turned to walk to the waiting room.

"C'mon Happy." Mira smiled. Happy smiled and ran after her. Natsu sighed and checked his watch, 1:45 Am. He sighed again and made his way out of the hospital, getting yelled at once to stop running. Finally out on the street, Natsu bolted for the hotel. He found the boys rooms and pounded on the door frantically. Gajeel opened up, shirtless and scowling.