Prolouge

Metalicana Redfox, well known for his mining company and for the ownership of multiple bars across Oak Town. Even more well known for his brutality in a fight, and was known as The Iron Dragon either in street fights or bar fights. A brute of a man with close cropped raven black hair, red eyes that almost looked black, built like an ox, or a dragon as his nickname entails, and a pierced and scowling face. Eight silver studs on his face, two over each eye where his brows should be, three down either side of his nose, and more adorned his ear, glinting in the sun when the light hit just right. His son was sometimes too alike to his father. They shared the same raven hair, body build, a fascination with piercings and most of all, his scowl. Which he wore just about everyday. Even more so during these days.

The boy had his mothers heart, and ability to form a thought that didn't include how he could knock a man out with one punch. No, he was able to think about more complex things, like love. Despite his brutish appearance, attitude and his knack for starting fights in almost any bar that wasn't under the name, Dragons Den.

"It's unhealthy for how much he takes after you." His mother said one night, wrapping Metalicana's chest, after he pulled his son out of another fight.

He snorted and tried not to wince. "Tch. Least my fights weren't in bars. Unlike yours, which happen to be in bars every other night. Remember how we first met?" He raised a brow, smirking at her reddening cheeks.

"Don't remind me. You followed me home after that fight, and climbed through my damn window!" She exclaimed, making him chuckle. "You wouldn't leave unless I agreed to see you again." She rolled her eyes at his cocky and proud smile. It then softened into a genuine smile, one that melted her heart every time she saw it.

"And you did. Night after, in the gardens by my house." He chuckled again, trying not to wince at the broken rib. "Y'know, I almost didn't recognized ya. All dressed up, your hair done and makeup caked to your pretty little face. Not to mention that stupid frilly dress." She laughed and nodded.

"That's something I don't miss. Those dammed dresses, always feeling like I'm about to pass out. Guess that's what I get for being the daughter of a duke." She mumbled and fidgeted with the hem of her shirt.

"See? Ain't ya glad you married a bar-rat like myself?" He grinned and leaned back against the headboard on their bed.

"Well, your not much a bar-rat anymore, are ya? More like bar-King." She chuckled and patted his knee before standing and walking out of the room as he stood and started blowing out candles, leaving one on by the door for her. She walked down the hall and into a smaller bedroom.

Sitting against one wall was a large, king sized bed. In front of it was a small couch and bookshelf. Besides a window was a mahogany desk, and dresser. But sitting on the window sill, with part of his body hanging from the room was her son. His leg dangled outside and against the house, his back leaning against the frame, and a little blue flower was twirled around in his hands. Like a little blue dancer.

"Gajeel, I thought you would be asleep by now." She said, pulling his desk chair over to him. He shrugged and didn't answer further. "What's wrong?" She asked, taking one of his large calloused hands into her smaller, smoother hands. He shook his head and looked back out to the city below them. "Gajeel, I'm your mother and I can tell when something is wrong with my son."

"It's been a year mom." He started quietly, looking down at he flower. "One year today since she left." He sighed before pulling his hands from hers and dropping the flower to the ground.

"I know." She said quietly, giving him a small sad smile.

"I've tried to forget her, move on. Y'know the saying, If you love something, Set it free. Well, I guess I'm a selfish son of a bitch, because I can't let her go. She's all I think about. She's the one thing, I can't get away from, no matter how many walls I put up, how many fights I get into to." He paused and picked another flower from the vine next to him, twirling it again. "I get this, pain in my chest whenever I think about her...well anything. Her hair, her smile, her eyes, her laugh, her voice, how she has an endless capacity to forgive and forget all the dumb shit I've ever done." He breathed out a laugh and sighed again. His mother smiled knowingly at him.

"Son, I think I know what your feeling." She said quietly.

"You don't have to tell me, cause I figured it out years ago." He said. "Every time I go to the gym, or to get a drink with Natsu, there's always something that reminds me of her. The first time we met at the gym, the first lesson I gave her in hand to hand. The first time she taught me some new language because she was bored." He chuckled again and looked at her. "The first time she ever had a beer, even if it was the weakest one. There were so many first's with her. And I kills me to think she'll be having more with someone else." He sighed and dropped the flower, watching it float down to the ground next to the first. "I mean, what was the first thing you thought when you first saw pops?" He questioned her suddenly. She smiled and shook her head, chuckling.

"Well, I thought he was the biggest meathead in the whole bar. Walking in like he owned the place. But that was something I also respected him for, his confidence. The way he held himself, the way he spoke with the bartender like a friend. Even when a fight broke out because of me, he never lost hat confidence, even if would cost him a tooth or two in the process." She laughed lightly at his toothless grin. He had gotten fake teeth to fix that. "And after meeting with him time after time, he never failed to keep me on my toes. Hell, he took me to one of the biggest boxing matches to propose. The same night I met Igneel." She sighed and looked down at the ring on her finger. A single diamond sat in the center, two sky blue sapphires resting on either side of it.
"I get it. But you never moved away like she did. You never told him that you hated him for everything rumored in the past." He said quietly, looking down at the ground again.

"Gajeel, not every relationship is perfect. I almost called off the wedding twice because your father was getting into fights nonstop." She said. "But you know she didn't mean anything she said."

"No, she didn't. Because she didn't fight back." He said quietly. "It took him almost five years to become a real competitor of Metalicana Redfox. And when he was about to take the top spot, dad flips his shit. Kills off any and every tie they had in this town. Making him take his wife, broken business and runaway with the most precious thing in the world." he stopped and took a deep breath before looking back at his mother, who held a small knowing smile. "And it's been a year since I saw the only person that matters to me. The one person I love more then the world."

"Gajeel, are you about to say-"

"Yeah. I love Levy McGarden."