Chapter 5

"Miss Levy. Miss Levy it's time to get up." One of Levy's maids had shaken her softly to wake her up. She groaned and rolled over, turning her back to the bright light coming through her window.

"What time is it?" She asked, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"About eleven o'clock in the morning, miss." The older woman answered, searching through her drawers to find an outfit for her. Levy tossed her legs over the side of the bed and stretched, trying to stifle a yawn.

"I think I need a shower." She said quickly, remembering she stayed out later then normal last night at a bar with a friend, and realizing she probably smelled like booze.

"Alright Miss Levy. Shall I get it ready for you?" The maid asked, turning from her task of finding something to wear.

"No, it's alright. Thank you, though." Levy smiled and quickly walked to the bathroom. She turned on the water and waited for it to heat up, while stripping herself of her clothes. Once the water was heated, she stepped in and sighed as the warm water fell over her sore shoulders from abusing the punching bag.

"Y'know, Shrimp. You should really relax on the training. Why don't we quit early for the day, and go relax in a hot spring or something." She scoffed at the thought of him telling her to relax. As much as he pissed her off sometimes, she missed him. Missed the way he wouldn't hold back in training, the way he treated her like an equal, how he would surprise her by showing up at her window- even though she told him he would get caught. She missed his smile, his laugh, the way he held her when they watched a scary movie. His eyes, his piercings, his scowl, his unruly hair. The way he kissed her for the first time, full of passion you would never expect from someone like him. The way he held her during and after they first. . .
Levy shook from the memory, bitting her bottom lip and grinning. She sighed when she opened her eyes again and was alone in her own bathroom. She shut off the water when she heard her maid knocking on the door, asking if she was alright. She smiled and wrapped a towel around herself before walking out.

"I think this will do just perfect for today." Her maid smiled as she held up a maroon dress that was beautiful. She helped her pull it over her head and then sat her down in front of the vanity. She curled Levy's blue hair so it fell over her shoulders like waves and tied back her bangs with a matching headband. She handed her red studded earrings and decided to not put on any makeup. Levy turned and smiled at her, thanking her before looking at herself in the mirror. Her maid smiled and left her to her thoughts. Something's missing. She thought. She snapped her fingers after a moments thought and dug through her jewelry drawers, sighing when she found what she was searching for. She pulled out a dragon necklace with a red gem around its tail, and its body curled around what looked like a planet. She hung it on herself and sighed, happy she kept it.
Levy walked down the stairs to see her mother fixing her fathers bow tie. They both turned and beamed at their daughter. Her mother was wearing a black cocktail dress, while her father wore a black suit with a maroon vest under his jacket.

"Oh, darling you look absolutely precious." Her mother said, hugging her. She smiled at her parents, silently cursing her hight as she looked up at her father. She had inherited her mothers hight along with her stubbornness over something's. She had her fathers hair though and his endless capacity for forgiving others. Except the Redfox's.

"Daddy, can I ask why the need to dress up so early in the morning?" Levy asked. Her parents exchanged happy glances before her father kneeled down in front of her.

"We're going to a brunch, with a potential suitor." Her father said happily despite his daughters blank expression.

"W-who?" She asked, not really trusting her voice.