Chapter 15

Everyone in the room was silent, letting his words sink in. Jellal looked around at the others, Lucy had a shocked and frightened look, Natsu had a blank expression as he stared at the wall, but something in his eye almost seemed animalistic. Gajeel had his head in his hands and his eyes closed.

"So, how's does Natsu play into this?" Lucy asked, her voice was shaking and quite.

"Before any of that happened, I helped Gajeel with stuff. I quit before he did, I never told my family. Ember didn't -and doesn't- know, my dad found out after I quit. Happy can't know any of this." Natsu said, looking at the three others.

"But, why did they go after Gajeel and not you? That is where I'm lost." Jellal said from his place against the wall.

"He wasn't as involved as I was. He was one of the stronger members, sure, but I was Jose's fifth." Gajeel muttered.

"Fifth? But, you took out pretty much his entire gang like a day ago." Lucy exclaimed.

"No. There's four who are stronger then I ever could be. His second was a man named Aria, he might've looked and sounded like a blubbering weak idiot, but he was strong." Gajeel answered, looking at her.

"Then there was Totomaru, a real asshole. He was my mentor, when I was still with them." Natsu growled. "Always hated his guts. Still do." He shrugged and Lucy put a hand on his shoulder, which he leaned his head on and sighed quietly.

"Then there was Juvia Locksar. I knew her when I was a little kid, before either of us got sucked into Phantom. I found her during a rain storm, on my way home and brought her back with me. My parents fed her, gave her clean clothes and a warm bed. She stayed with us for about a month before her parents finally found her." Gajeel sighed at the memory of the small girl in the rain.

"Then Sol." A gruff and weak voice said. All eyes turned to see Lily, watching Gajeel, who sat to the right of him. "A French bastard who is skilled in hand to hand combat. Gajeel was one of the few who could last more then a five minutes and possible beat him." He finished and sighed.

"Glad to see your awake old man." Gajeel said, head still in his hands.

"Buck up kid. Gonna take more then a gunshot to put me outta commission." Lily grinned and slapped Gajeel's shoulder before coughing.

"So, this Jose man. Should he be secure in prison?" Jellal asked.

"He'll be no problem. With his background, I'm sure the council will keep him, and probably execute him." Natsu said bitterly. Lucy sighed and stood up, pulling Natsu to his feet.

"C'mon. Let's get the kids and get something to eat." She said, pulling him out the door without waiting for his answer or protests. Jellal moved and sat in Lucy's vacated seat and laced his hands together and rested his chin on them, resting his elbows on his knees.

"So, Gajeel. You were in this gang, but you quit for this Levy girl. Tell me about her." He inquired, not missing how Gajeel's face lit up slightly, and Lily seemed to brighten  at the mention of the small girl.

"Where to begin?" Gajeels smiled and chuckled, along with Lily. "Well, she's probably the biggest bookworm in the world. And probably one of the biggest pains in the ass ever, who is almost always running her mouth." He chuckled.

"Well, if you say she is a pain, why are you trying to find her?" Jellal asked.

"Because she has so many other qualities that over power it. Like how she gets so excited about a new book, or language she learned. How she puffs out her cheeks when she's pissed at me for some dumb shit I did. Her ability to forgive and forget any dumb shit someone's done." Gajeel started stating everything he loved about Levy. And everything everyone else loved about her.

"Not to mention the way she plays with kids, like Carla." Lily added. Gajeel nodded and was about to say something when the door opened. A redheaded woman stepped into the room, she looked like she wanted to murder someone when she saw Lily.

"Erza? What are you doing here?" Jellal stood up and walked over to her.

"Wendy called, she said you needed help at the hospital." She said.

"Erza? Is that you?" Lily asked, trying to sit up. Gajeel put a hand on his shoulder and shook his head. Lily sighed and nodded, laying back down.

"Pantherlily?" Erza said, pushing past Jellal and walking to Lily's side. He nodded and smirked at her.

"Well, looks like times have changed." He chuckled and took her hand. She grinned and shook his hand before looking at Gajeel and Jellal. "Wasn't it you last time in the hospital bed?" He teased.

"Oh hush. I only broke my arm, I didn't get shot." She patted his shoulder lightly. "Care to explain how this happened?" She asked Gajeel, knowing who he was, but he had no clue who she was.

"Uh, he was shot before a fight. Lucy and Happy got him here." Gajeel answered, shrinking slightly from Erza's cold glare. "Who are you?" He questioned, shooting his own glare at her, growing in confidence.

"My name is Erza Scarlet, I am head of security for Jellal and his family. And an old friend of Pantherlily." She stated.

"Erza, why did Wendy call you? I told her to just sit tight and play with Happy." Jellal pinched the bridge of his nose. "Either way, tomorrow, I want you to make sure a man by the name of Jose Porla is in jail." He said.

"Yes sir. I will see into that tomorrow." She said and nodded her head. "Should I take Wendy home?" She asked. Natsu and Lucy walked back in after seeing Erza storm in.

"Uh, MetalHead, who's this?" Natsu asked, looking at the redhead.

"This is Erza. Jellal's security guard." Gajeel answered. "Where's your brother?" He asked.

"He and Wendy are passed out in the waiting room. We don't have anywhere to go for the night." Natsu said.

"You can stay with my family and I for the night." Jellal said. "Erza, go get the car. I'll get Wendy and Happy can ride with us home, if that's alright with you, Natsu." Natsu shook his head.

"Only if I can go with him." He said stubbornly. Jellal sighed but nodded before leaving to get Wendy. She was young, only ten years old. Natsu walked out after him and Lucy helped him get Happy on his back. Gajeel was going to stay with Lily for the night.

"Go. I'll be fine for the night." He said and shoved Gajeel towards the door gently. Gajeel sighed and clapped him on the shoulder before following Erza out the door. She gave him an address, so he and Lucy started walking while the others drove off.

"He'll be fine. We'll see him in the morning." Lucy smiled and put a hand on his shoulder. He grunted and didn't respond. They reached the house and someone escorted them to their separate rooms.

Gajeel could hear Lucy exclaim something about her not being with Natsu when the lady said her husband was waiting for her. He rolled his eyes and chuckled at how stupid they both were, even he could see they liked each other.