Chapter 12

Gajeel had found an old abandoned warehouse, perfect for an interrogation. He found some old rope and bound Jose's hands and feet before punching him awake. The man woke with a start and glared up at Gajeel, who returned his own glare.

"I want to know everything you know about the McGardens." Gajeel growled. Jose smirked up at him before struggling to make an attempt to sit.
"Like what, boy?" He said.

"Like where they are. What town are they in." Gajeel's patience was thinning every second Jose smirk was still on his face.

"Now why would someone like you need that kind of information?" He sneered. "What with everything you've done, I highly doubt that little girl will ever want to see you again." Gajeel wanted to throw this asshole into a lake, with cinder blocks on his feet.

"Just tell me what I need to hear." Gajeel growled, crossing his arms, digging his nails into his skin and it felt like he was going to start bleeding.

"I haven't heard anything as of late. Last I heard they were in Onibus." Jose said with a shrug. "I wonder how your body guard friend is doing. I highly doubt I missed anything vital. But, oh well. He was just a body guard, wasn't he?" Jose's lips curled into his signature sadistic grin. It was quickly wiped away when Gajeel's fist met his jaw, with a satisfying and sickening crunch.

"Listen here you fucker." Gajeel grabbed the front of Jose's shirt, and lifted him off the ground to be eye level. "You hurt one of my oldest friends. You hurt my family. And now, your gonna pay big time." Gajeel growled and was shocked when Jose stated laughing.

"You still haven't learned anything, boy." Jose snarled before lashing out, punching Gajeel in the gut. Gajeel gasped and dropped Jose to the ground and hunched over, trying to get his breath back. "You asked me where the old Jose was, the one who took shit from no one, well. You asked for him, and now he's here." Jose had one of the most sadistic looks on his face Gajeel has ever seen. Jose pulled his arm back and punched Gajeel, sending him to the floor with a broken nose. Gajeel spat out blood before jumping up and tackling Jose to the ground. Gajeel got in a few good punches, before Jose caught his arm, flipping him over and knocking the wind out of him again. Jose stood and dusted himself off before calmly walking over to Gajeel, who was still on the ground. The raven haired man pushed himself to one knee, throwing a punch at Jose, who easily caught it and twisted his arm to the point it was about to snap. Gajeel growled in pain and went to punch with his other hand, but that was caught too.

"You see now boy? You never should have left, you wouldn't be in this situation, you wouldn't be chasing after a girl who is far too good for you. In fact, I might just pay little Levy McGarden a visit once I'm done with you." Jose sneered and twisted Gajeel's arm. He howled in pain and pulled his head back before slamming it into Jose's forehead, effectively getting free of his bone crushing grip.

The hit had sent Jose stumbling back a few steps, but he didn't have time to recover, because Gajeel was on him in an instant. He had tackled him to the ground again, pinning his arms to the ground as Gajeel let loose on his face.

"Now you've made the mistake of bringing Levy into this!" He roared and brought down his fist again and again.

"Gajeel stop!" He could hear her voice, in the back of his mind. He was tempted to push it aside, ignore it until it left him. But, just like the real girl, she was one of the hardest things to ignore. "Gajeel Redfox! Please, stop this! This isn't right!" She shouted again. He shook his head and landed one more punch before she took control again. "Gajeel! Please, I'm begging you." He could feel her tears on his shirt and arms.

"I'm sorry." He said quietly before punching Jose one last time, knocking him out. Gajeel stood and hunched over, grabbing his ribs. "Fuck, broken ribs. At least three." He groaned and tore part of his shirt off to try and stop his nose from bleeding.

"Hey! Who's there?!" Someone shouted from one of the doors towards the front of the building. Gajeel didn't have any time to run or hide, let alone carry the knocked out man. He was about to turn and run when he was blinded by another light. "Hey!" This time it sounded like a small girl.

"Wendy! I thought I told you to stay in the car!" The man exclaimed, holding a gun to Gajeel's head. The girl gasped and ran up to Gajeel.

"Jellal! He's hurt, we have to help him!" She exclaimed, grabbing something from her pack to stop his nose from bleeding even more.

"Wendy!" Jellal snapped, stepping between her and Gajeel. The two had a glaring match before Jellal glanced at the girl then back up at Gajeel. "Whats your name?" He questioned.

"Gajeel Redfox. You?" Gajeel answered.

"Jellal Frenandes, this is my little sister, Wendy." He said. Gajeel could see the two being related, both had blue hair, both had the same eyes. Only thing was she had darker hair.

"Nice tattoo." Gajeel commented, Jellal's hand went to his left eye.

"Hmm. Yes, well let's go." Jellal said, pulling Wendy with him.

"Go? Go where?" Gajeel questioned, following them but stopping and looking down at Jose.

"The hospital silly." Wendy turned and smiled up at him.

"Don't worry about him. I've already alerted the police, told them there was some sort of fight going on here." Jellal said and opened the door passenger door for Wendy.

"Why are you helping me?" Gajeel asked, leaning against the car.

"Because we're good people!" Wendy leaned out the window and smiled at him.

"Also, Wendy would chew my ear off if I left you to the cops." Jellal muttered and opened the door for Gajeel. "You look like your about to pass out, so get in." He ordered, making Gajeel jump slightly. He got in and Jellal walked around and got into the drivers seat. They drove away just as the cops pulled up, allowing them a quick drive to the hospital.

"So, what'd you do to piss that guy off enough to do this?" Jellal asked as a nurse wrapped Gajeel's chest, keeping his ribs intact. "Sleep with his wife?" Gajeel snorted and winced at the movement, the nurse ordering him to sit still while she check on his nose.

"No. I doubt he would ever get married. Its...kinda hard to explain." Gajeel admitted and sighed.

"I'm going to reset your nose." The nurse said. Gajeel nodded and braced himself. A sharp snap and the bone was reset, Gajeel groaned and clenched his fists.

"We got time. I want to know the man who trespassed on my property." Jellal said, in his more serious tone.

"Like I said, it's hard to explain. But your not the only one I gotta explain this to." Gajeel looked at the nurse and she nodded, allowing him to leave. He opened the door and asked for Lily's room. The doctor pointed in the direction and he almost sprinted to his friends room. Gajeel opened the door to room 307, and sighed when he saw his friend laying on the bed, fast asleep.

"Gajeel!" Lucy exclaimed, and jumped up to hug him. He put a hand out and stopped her before she could get too close.

"One, I don't hug. Two, I fractured two ribs." He said and limped over to an extra chair someone brought.

"Oh. A-alright." Lucy said and walked back over to her seat. Natsu walked out of the bathroom and glanced at Gajeel and Jellal before sighing and sitting on the ground in front of Lucy.

"So, you gonna explain, or should I?" He questioned, raising a brow at scowling man.

"Just, gimme a sec, Flamebrain." Gajeel sighed and rubbed his face, wincing at his broken nose.

"Hang on. Let me get Wendy first." Jellal said.

"No. She doesn't need to hear this. Happy, go and hang out with Wendy for a bit, okay?" Natsu looked at his brother who nodded and left the room.

"Alright." Gajeel sighed. "It started about six months after I met Levy."