Chapter 21

They had finally arrived in Crocus, earlier then they expected, actually. They already found a hotel, and a few went out to search. Lucy went with Wendy and Happy to search around cafes, bookshops, and parks while Gajeel went off by himself left to search bars and gyms. That left Natsu and Jellal in the room. Natsu was currently showering, trying to get rid of the train smell. Jellel was sitting at the table, going over the letters Lucy's had stolen from Weisslogia, sighing when ever there was mention of his son, Sting, and his daughter, Levy. Natsu walked out with a towel wrapped around his neck and his jeans hung low on his hips.

"Put something on. You and I have somewhere to go." Jellal said suddenly, not looking up from his papers.

"Huh? Where?" Natsu asked, grabbing his shirt and pulling it over his head before drying his pink-salmon hair.

"I got a call from someone, said he knew you and I'm meeting him. And your coming with me, end of discussion." Jellal was using his older brother, or business tone with Natsu.

"Look here, I know your still new to this little group of ours, but let's get one thing straight. I don't take orders from you or anyone else." Natsu growled, holding the towel so tight that his knuckles were turning white. "Now, who's this guy who called?" He asked, relaxing a bit.

"He said his name was Zoltan. Gajeel said you know him." Jellal said, sitting down behind the desk. "Lucy grabbed a letter addressed to Makarov Dreyar by mistake, containing information about his grandsons, Laxus and Zoltan." He slid the letter across the table. Natsu picked it up and read over it quickly.

"It says he's trying to find someone for Laxus." Natsu muttered. "I feel bad for anyone who gets stuck with him."

"Keep reading. There's a name that we both recognize." Jellal said, standing to grab his jacket and wallet.

"OH SHIT!" He almost shouted, slamming his hand down on the table. Jellal nodded and left the door open for him to follow. Natsu barely remembered to grab his wallet and scarf before bolting out the door.

The two made their way down the street, stopping in places along the way, asking about the McGardens. Natsu was close to ransacking the entire town to find Zoltan, Jellal was close putting him on a leash like a child. They eventually stopped at a corner, seeing The Blue Bird Cafe across the street. They walked up and looked around. Natsu froze when he saw the blonde spiky hair and marched over to him. He had gotten a table for three in the open space on the patio, already a cup of coffee sitting on three different little saucers, small biscuits and muffins sat on a plate in the middle of the white metal table.

Natsu marched up to him and put a hand on his shoulder and spun him around, looking like he was about to kill the guy. Jellal was at his side, about to pull him off and away before he noticed the smirk on the mans face, the look in his bright blue eyes was something he wasn't expecting. Humor and friendliness.

"Natsu. Glad to see you joined Jellal. Oh, Ember's doing well, by the way. Just in case your wondering." Zoltan said, smiling.

"You. Asshole!" Natsu hissed through his teeth.

"You got my sister knocked up, and your not even fucking married." He growled. "And your sitting here, acting like its a fucking family reunion."

"Natsu, lets just, hear him out." Jellal pulled Natsu off of Zoltan and sat him down across from Zoltan and sat at the chair between the two.

"You had better have a good explanation before I drag you out into the street and beat the shit outta you." Narsu growled, pointing a finger at the blonde from across from him.

"First off, the only reason we're not married is because Ember said she wanted to wait. She wanted her twin and baby brother to be at her wedding." Zoltan said, matching Natsu's glare. He pulled out a photo from his jacket and slid it across the table. It was him and a smiling pink hair woman, almost identical to Natsu. Jellal didn't get much of a chance to look, Natsu had swiped it from the table and looked intently at it.

"Are you the reason she left." Natsu asked, still looking at the photo. "She said she had to think about things. She didn't say what. So, are you the reason I haven't spoken to my sister, in over two years?" He asked again.

"No, actually. I'm not. She never told me why she left and came to me either, so don't ask if I know." Zoltan sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose and looked at the two men at the table. "But, she's almost eight months pregnant, and I'm starting to freak out." He admitted, wringing his hands on the table. Natsu stared at him before busting out laughing, slamming his hands on the tabletop a few times. Jellal looked at him like he was a madman. Natsu wiped his eyes and handed Zoltan the photo back, seeming to be in a much better mood now.

"Wow, never thought I'd see the day, when Zoltan Dreyar would be nervous for anything! Especially a baby!" He exclaimed.

"It ain't that funny." Zoltan grumbled and leaned back in his seat, glaring at Natsu.

"So what'd you need me for?" Jellal asked, slightly annoyed if this was something for Natsu only, and why he was dragged along to this.

"Well, I knew your a high power in your home towns, and I knew you had Natsu and Gajeel with you." Zoltan started. "And I also want to give you a little bit of a heads up about Lev. And I don't think it would be smart to tell Gajeel, seeing as he might literally go on a rampage. He's not called Son of the Dragon for nothing." He rolled his eyes. Natsu was getting bored of just talking. Granted, he still wanted to beat the living shit out of him for his sister, but he was interested to know more about Levy and his sister.

"So, start talking, before I sic Natsu on you." Jellal warned, also growing tired of his talking.

"Relax. I overheard Gramps talking to Weisslogia and Skiadrum about Levy. Weisslogia is having his son, Sting, try and get Levy to fall in love with him." Zoltan said.

"No shit Sherlock." Natsu said bluntly. The other two were surprised by his bluntness and the fact he isn't shocked. "We already knew that. Lucy found the letters exchanged from Weisslogia and John McGarden." He explained.

"Alright well. Good to know you know that much." Zoltan sighed and rubbed his face. "Now, the past few months they've become close. Maybe a little too close for comfort." He said and pulled out a flask, taking a quick drink before putting it back in his jacket pocket. Natsu eyed the flask and raised a brow. Zoltan waved him off before continuing. "Anyways, I also overheard Sting talking to Skiadrum's son, Rogue. He said he saw Levy more as a friend, and that he could hardly see her as a wife or girlfriend at that." He said.

"So, is this a good thing? Or a bad thing?" Jellal questioned.

"I think it's a good thing. It means Gajeel still has time to find her." Zoltan said.

"Why don't you just tell us where she lives?!" Natsu exclaimed, slamming his hand down on the table, causing others to turn and look at the sudden commotion.

"Because, I can't. When Levy first came to Gramps bar, she immediately went up to me and Ember, begging us not to tell anyone from home where she was."

"Why?"

"Because she didn't want anyone to come looking for her. Gajeel especially." Zoltan sighed heavily before waving a waitress over and handing her enough cash to pay for the food and drinks. "And if you know me, you know I never go back on a promise." Zoltan said, looking at Natsu. The salmon haired man sighed and looked at Jellal. "But, I can give you a little help on your trip." Both men perked up a little when he mentioned the little help he could give them. "Your close." He said simply. "Could be next town or one after." Zoltan shrugged before standing and making his way towards the gate, leading out to the streets.

"Oi, Zoltan." Natsu called after him, standing and walking over to him. He pulled something from his pocket and shoved it in the other mans hands. Jellal was too far away to hear the words exchanged between the two and have Natsu a questioning look as he walked up.

"What was that about?" Jellal asked, as they walked the opposite direction of Zoltan.

"Family matters." Natsu said simply. The look in his onyx eyes was enough to make Jellal drop the subject. "C'mon, let's et searching before Metalmouth hunts us down for not working." Natsu rolled his eyes and the two continued their own search around the city.