Chapter 26

By the time the others found the hospital, Ember was admitted to a private room. She had a notepad on her lap and was scribbling away like she did when she was scared or nervous.

"Nervous much?" Natsu teased, walking in the room. Zoltan was using the bathroom when everyone piled in.

"Shut up." She grumbled. Natsu took her paper and looked it over.

"You really should become an author. You're an amazing writer." He commented, handing it back to her. She rolled her eyes and looked at Happy.

"Is something wrong, Hap?" She asked.

"Does it hurt?" He asked. Ember smiled and brushed his hair from his eyes.

"First off, you need a haircut. And only a little. But nothing I can't handle. I lived with you and Natsu, didn't I?" She teased.

"Oh ok." Happy smiled and looked around.

"Say, why don't you and Wendy go down to the gift shop and find something for the baby, or maybe somethin' dad when we see him again." Ember said. Happy perked up and dragged Wendy out of the room and down the hall.

"And here I thought I would be getting a vacation." A grumpy old woman with pink hair walked.

"Porlyusica!" Ember exclaimed.

"We thought you would be in Magnolia." Zoltan said, walking back into the room.

"Yes well, I was on vacation here, but when Zoltan called me, I came here." She said bitterly.

"Sorry, but she's at least two weeks early." Zoltan said, a hint of worry in his voice. Porlyusica walked over, gently shoving Lily and Gray out of the way.

"If your not the father or a family member, wait outside for a minute." The old woman instructed. Erza, Lily, Gray, Juvia, Jellal and Gajeel nodded and walked out into the hall. Natsu and Zoltan stood on either side of Ember while Porlyusica checked to make sure everything was fine.

"Well? Is everything fine?" Natsu questioned.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, Mr Dreyar, but your child is on time. Your doctor back home must have been mistaken. Your baby is healthy and on time for their birthdate." She announced. Zoltan let out a breath and kissed Embers cheek.

"That's a relief." He said.

"Yes. How far apart are you contractions, how painful are they and how long do they last?" She asked, grabbing a clipboard at the foot of her bed.

"Uh, about fifteen minutes apart, lasting around a minute. On a scale of one to ten, around a two or three, one being lowest." Ember said.

"Good. Alright, get some rest. I'll be back later to check on you. Call me if you need anything." Porlyusica said and left. Ember sighed and grabbed her note pad again, taking a pencil from Natsu. The others came back in and shifted around, making the room better for everyone to sit. Happy and Wendy came back in with them, sitting on the floor, Wendy had a book and Happy had a game he was playing with Lily. Erza sat with Jellal in a chair and talked with Juvia and Gray, while Natsu fell asleep sitting next to Lucy, who had also fallen asleep. Gajeel took Natsu's place next to Embers bed.

"So, why are you here?" Ember asked Gajeel. Zoltan was on a call with his grandfather in Magnolia, telling everyone the big news of Ember going into labor.

"What? Lil didn't tell you?" He questioned, trying to see what she was writing. She smacked his head lightly to keep him from reading.

"It's not done yet. And no, he hasn't said anything about why your here." Ember said. Before Gajeel could answer, Ember gripped his shoulder, holding her stomach with her other hand.