48. Coffee shop

As time went by Jude skated through the summer somehow managing not to run into Connor. Jude spent most of the summer getting over Connor and hanging out with Bemo. Connor on the other hand was a different story ever since his father had come back into his life parts of the Connor were chipped away until Connor became so gone that he turned to the only release that he cloud think of drugs.

As the new year began both Jude and Connor took separate paths Connor was the one that often ditched class to smoke while Jude was the one that was on the homecoming committee. Half the year passed by and Jude and Connor became virtual strangers skating around each other's lives until the middle of the year.

***

It was a Tuesday when Jude walked into the coffee shop to get his usual dose of caffeine, He walked up to the register and ordered a coffee with two pumps of vanilla. Jude was wearing a light blue dress shirt with a blue vest and a khaki jacket along with skinny jeans and blue vans and today he was also wearing his glasses that he got prescribed over the summer.

***

Connor was walking to school on the rare days that he attended and had a massive hangover and stumbled into a coffee shop and ordered a black coffee. Connor was wearing a black leather jacket a beanie sunglasses skinny jeans and a graphic tee with black hi top converse.

***

Jude got his coffee and was scrolling on Tumblr when he bumped into some guy and spilled his coffee on him, "Fuck I can be such a klutz sometimes" Jude said trying to clean up the guy's leather jacket. Jude looked up to meet the guy's eyes to apologize and was greeted with a blank stare and the scent of alcohol. But then recognition took a hold of Jude, "Connor?".

Connor was annoyed and his hangover was only amplifying that all he wanted to do was get his coffee and leave but then this kid had to go and spill his coffee on him , " Yeah what's it to you" he said in agitation

Jude looked back at the other boy slightly taken back by the comment but then said, "It's me Jude".

Connor looked at the boy again it was Jude he really hadn't changed much Connor thought to him self except for the glasses,"Hey thanks for spilling your coffee on me Jude but I gotta run" Connor said grabbing his coffee and running out.

Jude stood there and wondered what could have changed Connor so much but came up blank. Jude threw a way his empty coffee cup and made his way to school.